Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Network Settings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Wireless Network Settings

Old 24-12-2017, 14:28   #1
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road
Wireless Network Settings

Hi

i have a issue my son has brought a amazon alexa echo speaker for it work in house i had change the setting from 2.4GHZ to 5GHZ only problem i now facing is that my daughters amazon kindle fire will not find wifi name on 5GHZ but works fine when changing setting back to 2.4GHZ anyone know how to over come this problem Thanks
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2017, 14:36   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Wireless Network Settings

Which Superhub do you have?
Superhub1 can only have one wifi band at a time.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 15:05   #3
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road

I thinks it's super hub 1 as I getting a new router as upgraded to 200M speed next week
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 15:06   #4
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

When you get the new hub it'll likely be a Hub 3.0 which has both wifi bands active at the same time and all should be OK.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 11:04   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

With redards to Alexa, have fun asking it stuff.

Like "Alexa, what is 50 factorial" (this is the sum of 52 x 51 x 50 all the way down to 1)

"Alexa, The truth you can't handle the truth"

"Alexa, Are you Single?"

Mind you it's fun when she responds to the adverts, ours change the colour of out Hue bulbs to blue.

Last edited by Hom3r; 26-12-2017 at 11:57.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote