Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 10-08-2015, 10:15   #10231
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

four weeks to go.......

Not that I'm counting or anything nooooooooo
Old 10-08-2015, 17:18   #10232
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My nephew phoned me today to say that he has now completed his 12 week trial period at work and they have now offered him a full time job. I'm really chuffed for him as he has had an extremely rough few years. I'm so pleased that things are now looking up him I just hope he stay's away from his ex as I get the feeling she will try and get back on the scene now he is working again.
Old 10-08-2015, 22:19   #10233
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well on Thursday my mum had her first sip of water since the 12th of July, on Saturday she had her first cuppa.

I asked the nurse what the chances of her being home for her birthday on the 15th, she said "no chance".

She should hopefully have the 3 drains she has in removed hopefully this week, and be start eating again (she is currently on TPN).

She will be a diabetic, but not the usual as she still has some but it won't produce enough insulin, so she will need injections.

Several of the nurses have commented on what a lovely son my mum has for the amount of visiting I do (its a 4 hour round trip on a good day), if I was 20 years younger I would be pulling a few of them. The nurses who I have seen treating my mum have been very kind and nice young women, sadly underpaid (compared to underground workers) and I've told them my view.

She will probably be in for at least another 2 weeks, which now has taken a different turn as my sister in The Canary Islands, and she couldn't cancel, so I am also on bunny watch as well as a 8.5 hour work day, and need a holiday myself but I'm using up my meager 20 days on hospital visits.
Old 10-08-2015, 22:55   #10234
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Well on Thursday my mum had her first sip of water since the 12th of July, on Saturday she had her first cuppa.

I asked the nurse what the chances of her being home for her birthday on the 15th, she said "no chance".

She should hopefully have the 3 drains she has in removed hopefully this week, and be start eating again (she is currently on TPN).

She will be a diabetic, but not the usual as she still has some but it won't produce enough insulin, so she will need injections.

Several of the nurses have commented on what a lovely son my mum has for the amount of visiting I do (its a 4 hour round trip on a good day), if I was 20 years younger I would be pulling a few of them. The nurses who I have seen treating my mum have been very kind and nice young women, sadly underpaid (compared to underground workers) and I've told them my view.

She will probably be in for at least another 2 weeks, which now has taken a different turn as my sister in The Canary Islands, and she couldn't cancel, so I am also on bunny watch as well as a 8.5 hour work day, and need a holiday myself but I'm using up my meager 20 days on hospital visits.
I also think your a wonderful son Hom3r. I know this is a difficult time for you and your family but how are you and your Dad bearing up? Take care.
Old 10-08-2015, 23:13   #10235
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Were all bearing up, my sister would have cancelled her holiday if she could, but thanks to Wi-Fi and Whatsapp she was able to call me while I was at the hospital.
Old 10-08-2015, 23:20   #10236
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Good good sometimes people forget about the son, daughter, husband or wife. I witnessed this with my Mum everyone was asking how my Mum was and never once thought to ask how my Dad was coping I was also guilty of this, it was not till one day I happened to ask my Dad how he was was and he just broke down but saying that he felt a lot better once he had spoken to me about his worries and concerns. I now make a point of keeping a close eye on both of them and speaking to my Dad about the hospital visits as Dad needs to talk whereas Mum does not really like to talk about it.
Old 10-08-2015, 23:31   #10237
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Its hard for my dad as he's unable to get to the hospital as he cannot walk too far.

The tube is a no go as Bank has too many stairs, and Car parking is non existent.
Old 10-08-2015, 23:37   #10238
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Yes that must be very hard and upsetting for your Dad Hom3r, stay strong and best wishes to you and your family take care.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:45   #10239
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Yes We sometimes forget how the rest of the family is coping, One question can make a difference and a hug helps too
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 17:11   #10240
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My foot is hanging off again lol

Why is this a happy thought?

Because Natalie is off work this week and can take me to hospital for a change, which is nice
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 17:17   #10241
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l hope things improve for you soon dilli but having the company of your wife going to hospital with you will certainly lessen the pain.
Old 11-08-2015, 18:55   #10242
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
My foot is hanging off again lol

Why is this a happy thought?

Because Natalie is off work this week and can take me to hospital for a change, which is nice
I'm sorry to about your foot dilli and hope things improve for you soon. It is nice that Natalie will be with you this week for the hospitals visits
Old 11-08-2015, 19:20   #10243
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Hope all goes well for you Dill,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 11:05   #10244
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

My godson got his A level results today, and I am so pleased and proud for him.

A* and 3As - he's got his first choice (Astrophysics at Manchester), but he's considering taking A level Biology, and going for Medicine next year.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 11:18   #10245
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
My godson got his A level results today, and I am so pleased and proud for him.

A* and 3As - he's got his first choice (Astrophysics at Manchester), but he's considering taking A level Biology, and going for Medicine next year.
Wonderful, he's obviously worked hard to get these results Hugh.

My happy thought I've lost 2lbs in weight!
Tinky is online now   Reply With Quote