Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any news on the superhub 3 latency fix?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Any news on the superhub 3 latency fix?

Old 30-09-2017, 19:58   #16
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Any news on the superhub 3 latency fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have never seen a problem on my Hub3 even though the TBB graph looks bad.
Me neither.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2017, 15:32   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Comhem in Sweden are selling a gigabit down, a hundred Mb up on it with reasonable results.
That's a nice connection.

I'd just like 10:1 on all the tiers they do now, then I'd upgrade to 350/35.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 20:39   #18
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
That's a nice connection.

I'd just like 10:1 on all the tiers they do now, then I'd upgrade to 350/35.
I'm sure they'd welcome some feedback on that. Increased upstream capacity and the higher speeds that would allow are well behind and no idea why.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 21:40   #19
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
So a Hub 4 will be a DOCSIS 3.1 device, will cost VM somewhat more than the current Hubs and should, in theory, only be released to customers on 3.1 tiers as the supply will initially be limited.

That said, I'm sure the retentions teams will hand them out like sweets as soon as they arrive in stock.
Obviously when a new device comes out it's usually reserved for the top tiers, but I thought part of the plan for rolling out 3.1 was to roll out the CPE's first?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 00:29   #20
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Obviously when a new device comes out it's usually reserved for the top tiers, but I thought part of the plan for rolling out 3.1 was to roll out the CPE's first?
Plans are fluid. I haven't a clue what the 3.1 rollout plans are but from what I've heard no CPE until products are ordered due to the cost difference.

A 3.1 modem is a high spec 3.0 modem that can handle 32x8 SC-QAMs with a bigger spectrum range, sometimes a switchable range, and 3.1 capabilities attached, so more costly.

No tiers requiring more than the capability of the Hub 3 to be released any time soon and due to upcoming advertising changes VM have gone hard on capacity in the 3.0 network, some areas thanks to new kit, cards or whatever have 28 channels, so they didn't stop at 24 after all, removing the need to offload 3.0 customers onto 3.1 for capacity relief for a while.
Old 02-10-2017, 00:42   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Surely if 3.0 is capable of 1Gb/100Mb then the need for 3.1 is greatly reduced especially with 28 channels being made available.

As a matter of interest how many channels are used for the 1Gb/100Mb sevice?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:57   #22
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Surely if 3.0 is capable of 1Gb/100Mb then the need for 3.1 is greatly reduced especially with 28 channels being made available.

As a matter of interest how many channels are used for the 1Gb/100Mb sevice?
The modem I saw was 28 x 256QAM down, 6 x 64QAM up, so ~1.4 Gb/s down, 153 Mb/s up. VM will not be deploying such a product over 3.0, their service groups have too many devices on them, the fibre isn't deep enough, to make it viable, and the SH3's 24 bonded channels downstream inadequate.
Old 02-10-2017, 14:29   #23
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Interesting. So if I've got this right. 3.0 up to max 500Mb for the foreseeable until Openreach increase the FTTP footprint on a large scale.

Before that the 3.1 infrastructure will already be deployed ready for a switch to 3.1 to compete. Basically just a matter of turning on 3.1 and sending out the SH4 to those who wish to upgrade.

Is that about it?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote