Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HTC Desire stll not come

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HTC Desire stll not come

Old 24-12-2010, 17:36   #16
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HTC Desire stll not come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As I advised you before, go to the android Market and search for chomp SMS. You change e font type and size in the chomp settings.

What cd software?
can't see anyware on the site to downlode it to my pc then put it onto my phone
I never got CD with my phone.
And why can't I change the font with the settings on my phone I will have to send the phone back and get a other phone that you can make the text message large what phone do this?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2010, 17:49   #17
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

There isn't a CD with it.
You plug it into your pc, mount it as a storage device and it'll auto install the software needed.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 18:06   #18
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
And why can't I change the font with the settings on my phone I will have to send the phone back and get a other phone that you can make the text message large what phone do this?
Re-read this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...ing-texts.html

Download (for free) chompSMS from the anroid market place. As mentioned in that thread you can change the font size even make it read the texts out loud.

The desire has (once again from the android market) basic screen reader capabilities.

If you really can't get it sorted I refer you to another of your threads

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/19...nt-was-hi.html

And highly recommend getting a phone that is compatible with the software mentioned.

OR - an iPhone (3gs and above) can be used if you are even completely blind. The screen reader OR (as on the iPhone can't be used at the same time) screen zoom will be great.

edit - and has been mentioned the (Phone) software, manuals are all on the memory card that comes with the phone. OR you can download them from HTC's website if you like.

http://www.htc.com/uk/
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 19:13   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What site? You install apps from the android Market app from the actual phone. Tree is no need to connect to a pc.

Most in built apps won't let you change the font size, chomp will though. Android also has a number of accessibility settings you can enable.
Old 28-12-2010, 14:55   #20
andrew.shearman
Inactive

it is now asking me to put HTC sync in to my pc how di I do this?
Old 28-12-2010, 15:25   #21
HD462
Inactive

Services: Digital Cable TV V+ Freeview Virgin Phone 10Mb Broadband Home WiFi Network Virgin Mobile BB
HD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enough

Plug your Desire usb cable into your pc, and on the Desire screen an option screen pops up. Choose USB Drive. Then browse the drive on your pc, you'll see a file called HTC Sync.exe double click the file to start the install off.

You don't really need to install it unless you want to sync files between your computer and phone, such as music, or emails from an email client.

I prefer to use Google Mail as it works perfectly with the phone (being a Google Android phone), and also any computer. Also keeping all your contacts as Google contacts instead of phone contacts, automatically backs them up into your Google Mail contacts so they're accessible from anywhere. Plus, no need to add them all back if you have to wipe your phone for any reason, as it automatically syncs them from your google account.

For music I just prefer to drag and drop my folders to the phone, and managed my own files, which you can do anyway without using the software just by choosing to mount as a USB drive when you plug the phone into the computer.
HD462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 20:44   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
it is now asking me to put HTC sync in to my pc how di I do this?
You really don't need to install htc sync.
Old 29-12-2010, 22:18   #23
andrew.shearman
Inactive

done all that thanks

Andrew