Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM data charges

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VM data charges

Old 10-08-2008, 18:48   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
VM data charges

Both my wife & I have 300\300 with VM.

What I was wondering was, what do VM charge for data usage?
Its something that wasn't asked by us when we changed to VM from O2.

Cheers

Al
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2008, 20:37   #2
simpsonsFAN
Inactive

simpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the roughsimpsonsFAN is a jewel in the rough
Re: VM data charges

Its £2 per MB.

And they don't offer any data bundles.
simpsonsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 21:01   #3
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Cheers SimpsonFan
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 21:07   #4
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ges.shop.sm142
£2 per MB on contract

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...f.howdoi.sm131
And a whopping £5 per MB on PAYG (at 0.5p per K).

Pretty much every other provider has better data rates than Virgin, even for ad-hoc PAYG usage.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 22:48   #5
sprattgraham
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP
sprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the rough

If Virgin haven't sorted some better data rates out when my contact ends in December I'm jumping ship.
sprattgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 00:41   #6
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

I'm going to try and use that for some leverage when renewing myself.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 08:25   #7
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprattgraham View Post
If Virgin haven't sorted some better data rates out when my contact ends in December I'm jumping ship.
I myself was very happy with virgin mobile customer service was great,but their data services were very patchy where i live,so have just left for three their data service is great for me, and i have also added unlimited data service on my mobile for an extra £5 per month for the internet.

The signal also works very well and is not patchy on voice calls as was vm,People i know on t-mobile have the same problems in our area, which is not surprising as vm piggy back off of t- mobile.