Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is your favourite style of game?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What is your favourite style of game?
View Poll Results: What is your favourite style of game?
Role Play 11 34.38%
First person shooter 18 56.25%
Platform 6 18.75%
Driving 6 18.75%
Football 1 3.13%
Other Sport 1 3.13%
Sims etc 3 9.38%
Manager games 2 6.25%
Other 3 9.38%
Real Time Strategy (RTS) 2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-07-2004, 13:44   #16
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: What is your favourite style of game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
i've got GPL and a momo force ferrari wheel and can't play GPL to save my life.. spin all the time or am 90 seconds slower than everyone else even on easy and all the helpers turned on.. just got F1 99-00 challenge and can win hands down on easy but with all the help turned off just spin all the time
You should try Live For Speed, I think it's around £12 and downloadable, it's the best online racing game I've ever played, difficulty is somewhere between GPL and F1 99-00, and you can tweak absolutely everything on the cars.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2004, 13:45   #17
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

i like strategy games like Money Island the best.. had a great one called mystery of the druids which was really good and you had to think alot about it as well..

can't forget transport tycoon as well but can't get it to work under XP now.

Found that these days games look great but don't play very well.

Thinking of testing out MS Flight Sim one of these days to see what it's like
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 13:47   #18
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
You should try Live For Speed, I think it's around £12 and downloadable, it's the best online racing game I've ever played, difficulty is somewhere between GPL and F1 99-00, and you can tweak absolutely everything on the cars.
will have a look on goolge for it tonight.. i had GPL for about 6 6 years before i even played it.. when i finally got it working on a decent PC i couldn't play it

got GP4 which i guess is one of the best.. liked the orig Indycar \ CART game as could take all the downforce off and really slide and drive the car rather than be planted to the road..

Think they need to make a GPL for the 70's
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 14:34   #19
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
will have a look on goolge for it tonight.. i had GPL for about 6 6 years before i even played it.. when i finally got it working on a decent PC i couldn't play it

got GP4 which i guess is one of the best.. liked the orig Indycar \ CART game as could take all the downforce off and really slide and drive the car rather than be planted to the road..

Think they need to make a GPL for the 70's
http://lfs.racesimcentral.com/ I think there's a demo you can try out, but I think it's only with the really crap car.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 17:30   #20
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

CS - pure and simple (and I don't mean CS:CZ)
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 17:46   #21
Earl of Bronze

FPS's are my first love game wise, closely followed by RTS and Civ3.
Old 02-01-2018, 15:39   #22
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I like platform games

Atari 2600
Colecovision

And I also like Nintendo a little bit (Super Mario Brothers (1985) is about the only game I like on that)

I also LOVE early 80s arcade games!!! (Frogger,donkey kong,etc)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 15:43   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Platform , Shooters and Strategy.

Last edited by denphone; 02-01-2018 at 15:53.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 16:23   #24
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I like platform games

Atari 2600
Colecovision

And I also like Nintendo a little bit (Super Mario Brothers (1985) is about the only game I like on that)

I also LOVE early 80s arcade games!!! (Frogger,donkey kong,etc)
that was one hell of a thread bump!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Do you use or like anything modern?
Old 02-01-2018, 17:23   #25
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Hmmm not really mate.. To me they just arent fun.... The games they make now are horrible and not what I call FUN.....

The world started to die in the 80s (Well 1975) and by 2000 was dead.... Its sad....

Thank you for asking Stephen

If I may please ask you: What games do you like??
Old 02-01-2018, 17:34   #26
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

well I love my retro gaming still playing some SNES games as they are some of the best but I do love my current gen too. Mainly first person shooters like the new Doom and role playing games like Zelda and the South Park Fractured But Whole which is very funny. Also playing COD WWII and various other games.

There are a lot of fun and entertaining games out there now and the power of the new systems with amazing HD and 4K graphics is something to behold.
Old 02-01-2018, 22:03   #27
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Wow, reviving a 14 year old thread may be the biggest forum necromancy I've ever seen. Well done sir .
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 17:23   #28
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Thank you buddy.....I find its better to add to an existing thread instead of starting a new one. (Especially on the same base) it looks cleaner,etc...

I hear ya Stevie
Old 04-01-2018, 22:02   #29
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Platform. Manic Miner (ZX Spectrum 1983), never bettered.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:20   #30
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

never had an interest in electronic games ,i used to like pinball and i remember a fondness for pass the parcel when i was about 6 .