Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Crisis in the NHS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Crisis in the NHS

Old 11-01-2018, 20:08   #391
Mr Banana

Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
A&E does not represent the whole of the NHS. It's you that's missed the point.
No but when there is a crisis, ward nurses get taken off normal duties to go and work in A&E, that’s one Of the reasons ops get cancelled
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2018, 20:11   #392
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
No but when there is a crisis, ward nurses get taken off normal duties to go and work in A&E, that’s the problem and why ops get cancelled.
there are over 100,000 vacancies in the NHS; it just might be a factor.
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/health-s...overtime-free/

Tell you what's a good idea, indicate to any remaining EU staff that they are not welcome any longer.. Or make student nurses take out loans for their own training...
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 20:19   #393
Mr Banana

Quote:
there are over 100,000 vacancies in the NHS; it just might be a factor.
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/health-s...overtime-free/

Tell you what's a good idea, indicate to any remaining EU staff that they are not welcome any longer.. Or make student nurses take out loans for their own training...
I agree its wrong to have students paying for their training. On your other point, if we didn't go running to hospital with every sniff, would we need 100,000 extra staff?
Old 11-01-2018, 20:24   #394
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I agree its wrong to have students paying for their training. On your other point, if we didn't go running to hospital with every sniff, would we need 100,000 extra staff?
Trying to deflect blame to the public, is letting the govt off the hook.

(I have no time for A&E time wasters believe me. I have been in a cubicle with my son been told he has a very serious illness with a couple of drunks in the next cubicle).
Old 11-01-2018, 20:30   #395
Mr Banana

Quote:
Trying to deflect blame to the public, is letting the govt off the hook.

(I have no time for A&E time wasters believe me. I have been in a cubicle with my son been told he has a very serious illness with a couple of drunks in the next cubicle).
Its not deflecting, i'm saying we are part of the problem. The government are also part of the problem just like the Labour party have been part of the problem in years gone by.
Old 11-01-2018, 20:41   #396
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Its not deflecting, i'm saying we are part of the problem. The government are also part of the problem just like the Labour party have been part of the problem in years gone by.
Possibly we are part of the problem, we keep getting older, and keep voting in parties on the basis of low taxes. We do need to get real if want a Health Service.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:13   #397
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Possibly we are part of the problem, we keep getting older, and keep voting in parties on the basis of low taxes. We do need to get real if want a Health Service.
13 years of Labour with >100 new stealth taxes and yet the NHS didn't get any better?
Old 12-01-2018, 12:19   #398
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Why? I had to pay for mine!!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:37   #399
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why? I had to pay for mine!!
I didn't.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:44   #400
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Nor did any of our family and friends who worked or are still working for the NHS.
Old 12-01-2018, 14:24   #401
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
13 years of Labour with >100 new stealth taxes and yet the NHS didn't get any better?
That'll be the £billions they committed the NHS as a result of PFI - privatisation of the worst kind paying over the odds for everything via lucrative gold plated private contracts which are so lucrative they're traded. Yep, IIRC, over 80% were signed on Labour's watch. Of course we'd all be able to forget about that were it not for the fact that many of these contracts are going to last for decades and costing us vast sums of money which could have been far better spent and actually improved the NHS instead of being a drain on it.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 14:27   #402
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nor did any of our family and friends who worked or are still working for the NHS.
It's changed Den. Nurses used to get bursaries, now they have to get student loans like any other student. Given that there is a desperate shortage, it's hardly going to encourage new recruits, graduates have much better prospects and working conditions in other professions. Another Tory masterplan !
Old 18-01-2018, 13:54   #403
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A&E patient wait joint-worst on record.

Quote:
Almost 15% of England's A&E patients waited more than four hours to be seen last month - the joint-worst figure on record - as senior doctors warn of patients dying in corridors.
https://news.sky.com/story/nhs-winte...elays-11203206
Old 18-01-2018, 23:07   #404
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's changed Den. Nurses used to get bursaries, now they have to get student loans like any other student. Given that there is a desperate shortage, it's hardly going to encourage new recruits, graduates have much better prospects and working conditions in other professions. Another Tory masterplan !
Funny, that, I thought that the bursary system actually restricted the number of nurses that could be trained.

The answer is obvious. Create new nursing posts that don’t actually require a degree. There are solutions if we look for them and that is one of the more obvious ones. It wouldn’t even cost more money if the non-degree nurses were used only to fill the vacant posts. You don’t have to throw money at a problem to resolve it, you just have to get practical.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 21:10   #405
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Funny, that, I thought that the bursary system actually restricted the number of nurses that could be trained.
Well more are leaving nursing than joining OB, so getting rid of bursaries has backfired. Something they could easily resolve and should do so immediately.