Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disney reveals plan for new Star Wars trilogy and live-action TV series

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Disney reveals plan for new Star Wars trilogy and live-action TV series

Old 10-11-2017, 06:08   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Disney reveals plan for new Star Wars trilogy and live-action TV series

Disney has announced plans for a new Star Wars trilogy and TV series.

Quote:
The company’s CEO, Bob Iger, revealed that the writer-director Rian Johnson will tackle the new films, which will feature completely new characters in “a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored”.
Sounds good.
Old 11-11-2017, 19:41   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Disney reveals plan for new Star Wars trilogy and live-action TV series

your timing is perfect because every time I go to the cinema (which is very frequently) I see the trailer for The Last Jedi and I keep asking myself what is going to happen after Ep9. They can only make so many standalone spin offs so are they going to make another trilogy?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 20:19   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
your timing is perfect because every time I go to the cinema (which is very frequently) I see the trailer for The Last Jedi and I keep asking myself what is going to happen after Ep9. They can only make so many standalone spin offs so are they going to make another trilogy?
Remember there is a vast array of material out there General so l don't think there will be any problem at all.
Old 27-12-2017, 19:20   #4
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

IMO they could do worse than portray the rise of Darth Vader; there is in fact a very good novel about his start as the Emperor's new enforcer/apprentice - his initial difficulties with the suit and artificial limbs, having to change his lightsabre style...and his ever-increasing rage and the heightened awareness of the Dark Side this afforded him. It'd make a good movie, I think.

As for a live-action TV series, George mentioned that years ago, planned to cover the 20 years between ROTS and ANH. We're still eagerly waiting...

Last edited by Anonymouse; 27-12-2017 at 19:24.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 00:06   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think Rogue One is what the series would have been like.