Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 16-05-2015, 10:36   #451
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Security patches will be available M$ will not want vulnerable machines biting them back. Non genuine OSes previously slowed down blanked the background and didnt update anything extra than security patches I expect Win 10 to be similar but maybe be fully functional until the subscription packages become available when I expect the non genuine will start to have other issues
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2015, 10:55   #452
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Really liking windows 10 so far, what are other peoples view?
Old 16-05-2015, 11:03   #453
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Really liking windows 10 so far, what are other peoples view?
it coming along very nicely indeed
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 11:31   #454
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Must have another go with it, does anyone here using a laptop connected to monitor/TV have it working OK? I assume that at some point it would update the relevant drivers to enable me to use the TV as main monitor? Because to be honest, that is the only thing stopping me using Windows 10 on a permanent basis atm.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 11:35   #455
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

No idea mark, what was the last version you installed?

I hope there is another update soon.
Old 16-05-2015, 11:38   #456
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Windows 10? Probably the version of Windows 10 about 3 downloads ago.
Old 16-05-2015, 11:45   #457
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
We're on 10074 now, maybe try googling your problem or findout what drivers you used?
Old 16-05-2015, 11:57   #458
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
yes try build 10074 it better and more stable might work with using your tv as monitor too

here is ISO link for it

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...so-update-1504
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 13:44   #459
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Nvidia release first WHQL driver for Windows 10, for supported devices.

http://www.neowin.net/news/nvidia-re...for-windows-10
Old 16-05-2015, 15:03   #460
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Just put 10 back on, and the 4th update it did was a graphics one. Plugged in my TV, and it recognised it straight away. So think will use 10 for a while now. Can I just delete the partition with 8 on and add it to the 10 partition, or will I need to go back and do clean install? Hoping I can do the former really, can always allocate the C letter back afterwards if needs be.
Old 16-05-2015, 16:20   #461
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I think you should be able to delete the partition but i can't remember how to do it, but someone will be along to sort you out i am sure.
Old 16-05-2015, 23:21   #462
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

Hope fully testers will get it free. No need to upgrade or need win7 or win8
If am wrong then there will be dad loader for the rescue
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 09:16   #463
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Hhhhhmmm still not got round to trying this since a very early build, I am at the post now where I may as well wait for final release I guess. I hope for good things from cortana.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 09:38   #464
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Have a weird problem, I have 2 lots of each folder under my name. For instance, 2 lots of Downloads, 2 lots of Music, 2 lots of Pictures, etc. I tried deleting 1 of the Documents folders which backfired as it deleted both, so need to know how to get that back.

Screenshot attached. Also, I have checked both folders for each one and they both point to same destination (C:\Users\MarkC1984).

HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weird.jpg (457.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 17-05-2015, 09:45   #465
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Managed to get Documents folder back, but 2 of those as well again.