Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 30-06-2011, 19:28   #3286
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

I really do know how you feel as I have given up going to the doc for the same reason you have just went through today and now just take the pain killers when I get the pain back like I have in the last couple of days. Your right I think when we get to a certain age we are on the scrap heap where the doc's are concerned
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2011, 19:33   #3287
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thank you Tosh and Sasha for your concern. I am still wondering how he could tell by prodding, that I didn't have arthritis, or that my pain was minimal. So it follows if someone broke their leg and the doctor felt it and said it wasn't broken, we have to take his word for it.
I am still of the opinion that once you reach a certain age, they just don't want to know. The gel he prescribed was Diclofenac Sodium topical 3%. He said he daren't prescribe tablets as I was already taking ones for my BP. I was not able to make an appoinment with the previous doctor I saw, because the waiting time was 3 weeks!!!! I'm losing faith in this surgery I have been with for over 30 years. My old doctor retired in April.
Your Welcome.

Well i broke my leg in 3 places once and the ER dr that saw me said i had a bad sprain grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, he can't tell really, it seem's he does not want to spend the surgeries money on a scan, age should mean nothing as my mum is over 70 and has lot's of help and treatment of late. still make an appointment with the previous dr, I've been with my surgery all my life and i now live out of their catchment area
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 19:36   #3288
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thank you Tosh and Sasha for your concern. I am still wondering how he could tell by prodding, that I didn't have arthritis, or that my pain was minimal. So it follows if someone broke their leg and the doctor felt it and said it wasn't broken, we have to take his word for it.
I am still of the opinion that once you reach a certain age, they just don't want to know. The gel he prescribed was Diclofenac Sodium topical 3%. He said he daren't prescribe tablets as I was already taking ones for my BP. I was not able to make an appoinment with the previous doctor I saw, because the waiting time was 3 weeks!!!! I'm losing faith in this surgery I have been with for over 30 years. My old doctor retired in April.
Your more than welcome Tinky
Old 30-06-2011, 19:36   #3289
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Yes it's a sad state of affairs Sasha. We have had two large housing complexes built in our local vicinity, in recent years and I don't think consideration was given on how to cope with the extra occupants with regards to schools, dentists, and doctors etc., (Again apolgies for wrong thread).
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 19:41   #3290
Sasha222
Inactive

I think even if that didn't happen with all the building going on like Tosh said It's about saving money and just not getting the right treatment that should be available.
Old 30-06-2011, 19:42   #3291
tosh mate
Inactive

tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

Dr's should not think of age's, they should think more of giving a service that improves a paitient's ability to cope with daily life.

@ heero yuy, Thank You, and hope your plants do well
Old 30-06-2011, 19:47   #3292
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

@ Tosh. Well done I knew my Finger Crossing powers probably wouldn't be needed but had the vibes going just in case.

@Tinky. LOL what a let down though I did suspect Fancy Pants could be a let down in person. I was once mesmerised by a guy I used to speak to on the phone at least once a week. The other girls in my office reckoned he had the softest chocolate voice and the sexyist laugh they had ever come across and as a surprise invited him to my 21st birthday lunchtime drinks at a local pub. Was I glad I could introduce him to my new fiance. Boy was the dreamboat a let down. I have nothing against shorter men, my John is one, but when they think they are God's Gift to Women, come wrapped in a ton of lard and pints of cheap aftershave it's a real let down.

I know it's a long wait but get yourself booked in with another Doctor at the practice and go along armed with a pain diary. There are things that can be done and persistence wears down any resistance. Or at least that is what I have found when the medical profession has been tempted to think that I am a passive old lady who will go away and sit in a corner with my knitting.
Old 30-06-2011, 19:49   #3293
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh mate View Post
Dr's should not think of age's, they should think more of giving a service that improves a paitient's ability to cope with daily life.

@ heero yuy, Thank You, and hope your plants do well
No they shouldn't be thinking about age, I hope you get sorted out.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 19:55   #3294
tosh mate
Inactive

Thank You Jo, as yes Your finger crossing worked well
Old 30-06-2011, 23:58   #3295
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Well done Tosh!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54   #3296
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
2) I've managed to achieve an awful lot at work today. Finally solved a problem that's been bugging me for days, which means I have nearly two thirds of the software I am in charge of deploying for the next academic year ready for testing now..
That two thirds has now been tested. Just needs to be tested by someone else and I can call it finished..

I can't do a lot of the other third because while we have ordered it, we don't currently have the serial numbers, licences or download details..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 14:55   #3297
tosh mate
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Well done Tosh!
Thank You Cobby

My happy thought and feeling today is......................
I had a little chat with the other chap who was on my fork lift course this week before work this morning, and he started his extra training, I told him to relax and let thing's flow and not pause so much, and also gave him a couple of tip's, and he passed his practical test to with 33 penalty point's.
and the chap who'd been our instrutor came and said to me when he is in his office next week he will talk to his boss about the possibility of getting me trained as an instructor
Old 01-07-2011, 15:28   #3298
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Thank You Cobby

I had a little chat with the other chap who was on my fork lift course this week before work this morning, and he started his extra training, I told him to relax and let thing's flow and not pause so much, and also gave him a couple of tip's, and he passed his practical test to with 33 penalty point's.
and the chap who'd been our instrutor came and said to me when he is in his office next week he will talk to his boss about the possibility of getting me trained as an instructor
That sounds very promising TM. Certainly can't do any harm to have an extra string to your bow in this financial climate.
Old 01-07-2011, 15:43   #3299
tosh mate
Inactive

Thank You Jo , yes it does and it would not do any harm at all
Old 01-07-2011, 17:53   #3300
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Thank You Cobby

Wow that is fantastic news Tosh for first for the guy who passed and he must have been well pleased that he passed with your help. That is fantastic news as well about maybe a new job as an instructor. Congratulations. Well done