Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-09-2008, 01:27   #1981
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
re: Rate the last movie you saw

What does bug me is when there's an error in the subs that's so basic even I, with my extremely limited knowledge of foreign languages, can spot the mistakes. Even I know that "avec plaisir" means "with pleasure", not "be my guest" [District 13]. [/nerdy rant]
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2008, 05:57   #1982
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yeah, I almost always choose subs rather than dub.

Although for some films, bad dubbing does fit & make it more amusing.
Especially if it's a jackie chan movie!

It's dependant on the type of movie for me, slow romance/drama/horror/thriller movies i will watch with subs, same for comedy.

But for action, i do prefer dubs due to wanting to just turn my brain off and enjoy the movie!

For instance the english dubs on dragon dynasty releases are usually quite good.

T
Fatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 19:17   #1983
zing_deleted

Forgetting Sarah Marshall 8/10 funny Russel Brand is actually ok in this

Baby Mama 7/10 not as bad as you may expect

Mr woodcock 7/10 seen it all before but still funny

Don't mess with the Zohan 7/10 starts very silly but its quite funny
Old 13-09-2008, 22:23   #1984
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
Forgetting Sarah Marshall 8/10 funny Russel Brand is actually ok in this
Hate him with a passion. Think I'll give this one a miss lol.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 00:02   #1985
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold

Pulp Fiction 10/10 Classic!
Old 14-09-2008, 00:14   #1986
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Doomsday - 8/10

Daft, no plot and where else can you have mad max and robin hood in the same picture?

There is also the game of spotting all the movie references in it
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 00:25   #1987
zing_deleted

Saw The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian today at our local odeon . They have a kids club on a Saturday pay for a child and an adult goes free. It cost £2.50 very good film enjoyed it more than I thought
Old 17-09-2008, 00:56   #1988
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Hmm.

Depressing / 10

Top notch.

And I defy anyone to sit through the whole thing without shedding at least one tear.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 11:52   #1989
Fatec
Inactive

Quote:
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

Hmm.

Depressing / 10

Top notch.

And I defy anyone to sit through the whole thing without shedding at least one tear.
I Didn't shed any tears...
Old 17-09-2008, 19:04   #1990
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData2 View Post
I Didn't shed any tears...
Well, given the rather disgusting & anti-Semitic comments you made back in May, that does not surprise me one bit...

---------------------------

Getting back to the topic at hand...

Judge Dredd

As a Judge Dredd movie...

But, trying to set aside the "Comic Book Guy" inside me, I do quite enjoy it purely as a cheesy SF action movie.
Old 17-09-2008, 19:29   #1991
Fatec
Inactive

Quote:
Well, given the rather disgusting & anti-Semitic comments you made back in May, that does not surprise me one bit...
What a lovely response

Actually i just found the film boring, had nothing to do with my stance on relgion/jewish/whatever.

Quote:

---------------------------

Getting back to the topic at hand...

Judge Dredd

But, trying to set aside the "Comic Book Guy" inside me, I do quite enjoy it purely as a cheesy SF action movie.
Ah judge dredd, now i wanna go watch it...dont understand why its got such a low rating on imdb, was quite a good movie imo.

Anyway.

Uncle Buck 8/10, another great from him, wish he was still around

Jumpin Jack Flash 5/10 Thought whoopi would be better in this, few lol moments but that's about it.

Perhaps Love (Mandarin)

Quote:
A movie-within-a-movie, featuring a love triangle plot that parallel between several actors' lives. Jealousy, hatred and passion ignited by memories of the past, collide and culminate through the intervention of a seasoned heavenly being, a modern Cupid, who shares their joy and sorrow.
10/10 Loved it.

Secret (Bu neng shuo de. mi mi) 8/10

Another great love story with a few good twists.
Old 17-09-2008, 23:23   #1992
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Day of the Dead (Based on George A Romero's Day of the Dead) 6/10

Not as good as the previous remake of Dawn of the Dead, was actually hoping it would be in the same style, but still a reasonable modernisation of a pretty naff zombie film (if I'm totally honest, I don't rate Ramero's films anyway, especially after Land of the Dead-boring which showed that while other zombie film makers had taken his ideas and successfully expanded them, Ramero just hadn't).
Starts off a bit pants, the zombies are pretty naff, but it picks up near the end, and there's one bit that made me laugh out loud when the slimy doctor in the base gets, oh shucks you'll have to see for yourself.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 00:05   #1993
Fatec
Inactive

Fearless (Jet Li, english dub, unrated/uncut version)

Enjoyed it alot more than the theatrical release.

8/10, one of jet li's finest.

Iron Man

5/10, mediocore, too much of a family movie.

DeathRace

6/10
Old 20-09-2008, 00:46   #1994
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Judge Dredd

I agree, as a movie it's quite enjoyable, but as for the Dredd part:
1. it's a key part of the character that he never, ever takes his helmet off &/or that you never get to see his whole face.

2. Dredd's suposed to be at least 6 foot tall; Stallone's only 5' 9".
---------------

Constantine :8/10. Quite enjoyable.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 21:38   #1995
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

The Terminator (Blu-ray Disc)

Terminator 2 - Director's Cut (HD DVD)

Awesome / 10

Two of my fave movies ever.