Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2015, 10:46   #1336
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It appears if you have a Chromecast you can get 3 months free Now TV entertainment pass by 28th Feb not sure if this has been mentioned before or not.

It should be in your Chromecast offers.
I've just followed the link through to NowTV and it says redeem your offer before 31st January 2015?

Also, i'd redeemed some offers before, the free download of X-Men and the google play credit and they showing to redeem again??

Ok, just done it saves me downloading a couple of shows for the next few months, thanks for the heads up
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2015, 15:23   #1337
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It appears if you have a Chromecast you can get 3 months free Now TV entertainment pass by 28th Feb not sure if this has been mentioned before or not.

It should be in your Chromecast offers.
A good way to get another month for nothing (isn't it normally only two months free??)
Old 17-02-2015, 20:48   #1338
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

If I bought a chromecast now would I get this offer?
Old 17-02-2015, 21:54   #1339
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
If I bought a chromecast now would I get this offer?
This link says it must be set up on or before 28th Feb 2015.
Old 17-02-2015, 22:37   #1340
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Thanks
Old 21-02-2015, 12:54   #1341
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

For anyone who is interested, the Amazon Fire TV is currently £64 (reduced by £15).

It works with Unblock-us to give all Netflix regions and still accesses the UK Amazon Prime. I'm connected via HDMI and it gives 5.1 audio on both Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Old 21-02-2015, 15:41   #1342
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
For anyone who is interested, the Amazon Fire TV is currently £64 (reduced by £15).

It works with Unblock-us to give all Netflix regions and still accesses the UK Amazon Prime. I'm connected via HDMI and it gives 5.1 audio on both Netflix and Amazon Prime.
There was a few knocking around on ebay for $24 refurbished ones but a absolute steal at that price, sadly they went very very fast so i missed out as was going to buy a couple for gifts.
Old 21-02-2015, 16:15   #1343
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
There was a few knocking around on ebay for $24 refurbished ones but a absolute steal at that price, sadly they went very very fast so i missed out as was going to buy a couple for gifts.
I was getting fed up with the useless response from Amazon with regard to lack of 5.1 audio on my 2014 LG Bluray for Prime video.

I've been checking Amazon regularly for the Fire stick launch, but due to the Fire TV coming down in price, decided to go for it. The last time it was at that price I hesitated hoping the LG BR would get sorted by Amazon.
Old 21-02-2015, 16:49   #1344
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I was getting fed up with the useless response from Amazon with regard to lack of 5.1 audio on my 2014 LG Bluray for Prime video.

I've been checking Amazon regularly for the Fire stick launch, but due to the Fire TV coming down in price, decided to go for it. The last time it was at that price I hesitated hoping the LG BR would get sorted by Amazon.
I think you will love the firetv box mate, it still lacks quite a few apps but it's getting there just sideload xbmc and some addons and you'll be well away.
Old 21-02-2015, 19:21   #1345
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I think you will love the firetv box mate, it still lacks quite a few apps but it's getting there just sideload xbmc and some addons and you'll be well away.

I may put XBMC on it, but It's not really necessary for me as I access my ripped DVDs on an HTPC using My Movies and I'm only really interested in the three main streaming services; Amazon, Netflix and Now TV. Now TV would be nice, and I know you can add it, but one review I read said that it was only SD when added to Fire TV, and my LG BR player gives Now TV at 720p.
Old 21-02-2015, 23:12   #1346
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I may put XBMC on it, but It's not really necessary for me as I access my ripped DVDs on an HTPC using My Movies and I'm only really interested in the three main streaming services; Amazon, Netflix and Now TV. Now TV would be nice, and I know you can add it, but one review I read said that it was only SD when added to Fire TV, and my LG BR player gives Now TV at 720p.
Not sure about nowtv, Skygo appears to be hd on the fire tv if that helps?
Old 22-02-2015, 00:40   #1347
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Not sure about nowtv, Skygo appears to be hd on the fire tv if that helps?
The info I saw was here:

Quote:
the sideloaded EE TV and Now TV apps we installed. Both worked great but it was easy to see the resolution downgrade on NOW TV; the app not yet designed to support HD streaming on mobile devices
https://www.avforums.com/review/amaz...k-review.10880
Old 22-02-2015, 01:44   #1348
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I remember nowtv on my old MX box i do recall it not being HD.
Old 23-02-2015, 17:23   #1349
theone2k10
Inactive

Thought some might be interested in this, here's a video i did of Skygo working on firetv. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLGExs4m0U
Old 23-02-2015, 19:21   #1350
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Thought some might be interested in this, here's a video i did of Skygo working on firetv. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLGExs4m0U
I think that was posted on another forum that I use. Isn't Sky Go more expensive than Now TV for non Sky subscribers?
Closed Thread