Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2018, 18:31   #1066
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Personally can't see the point , after reading many in the US say they can't stomach watching things using it.
The point is you can watch more in less time.

Those in the US who 'can't stomach watching things using it' must have a different facility. On VM, you struggle even to notice it, but it saves time.
Advertisement
Old 18-06-2018, 18:52   #1067
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Have used the speeding up recordings a few times. Recorded a few films that I've started to lose interest in but kinda wanted to see how they end. Quite like it to be honest. If only you could use something like this to get through the working day
Old 18-06-2018, 18:58   #1068
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Have used the speeding up recordings a few times. Recorded a few films that I've started to lose interest in but kinda wanted to see how they end. Quite like it to be honest. If only you could use something like this to get through the working day
It was this what made me think nah not something I'd ever use.
Old 18-06-2018, 19:16   #1069
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

well this was a recent article showing what sky had and bringing last month for the uhd market

UK satellite broadcaster Sky promised in a recent press announcement that it would be greatly expanding the amount of 4K UHD content available on its Sky Q subscription TV platform. Now it seems that it’s already making good on that promise, as it unveils a raft of new UHD movies and TV shows.

Already recently added to Sky’s movie offering are UHD Premieres of this lot:

The Hurricane Heist

Emoji Movie

Alien: Covenant

The House

The Dark Tower

Rough Night

Gifted

The Other Guys

Pineapple Express

Sky has added cartoon hit Ferdinand in 4K to its pay to view Sky Store area too, as well as adding a trio of high profile TV shows to its Box Sets area: Billions (seasons one and two, plus new episodes weekly of season three); Revolution; and In The Long Run.

Sky has additionally announced the movies it’s bring to its platform in 4K in May. They are as follows:

Dunkirk – 30th April

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul – 7th May

Anon – 7th May

Annabelle Creation – 7th May

Atomic Blonde – 14th May

My Cousin Rachel – 21st May

War Of The Planet Of The Apes – 21st May

Shutter Island – 7th May

Think Like A Man Too – 21st May

These new 4K content announcements join a long list of other previously released but still available 4K movies and TV series, as well as Sky’s extensive 4K coverage of both UK Premier League football and Formula 1 racing.

Now I’m not trying to be fussy or anything, but virgin have sweet FA in 4K, they need to start to get the finger out the ass on this one, we do pay for sky cinema and sports but dont get all the benefits, or maybe just admit they really have nothing and don’t know when it will change.
Old 18-06-2018, 20:15   #1070
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

JJ20X over on Digital Spy Forum over the past weekend did report that BBC Red Button 2, BBC Red Button 3, BBC Red Button 4, BBC Red Button 5 and BBC Red Button 6 has all started to test on Virgin Media UK ahead of launch for Wimbledon 2018

When launch they will be on 99? Channel numbers - BBC Red Button 6 will be on Channel 996.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-06-2018, 23:23   #1071
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
JJ20X over on Digital Spy Forum over the past weekend did report that BBC Red Button 2, BBC Red Button 3, BBC Red Button 4, BBC Red Button 5 and BBC Red Button 6 has all started to test on Virgin Media UK ahead of launch for Wimbledon 2018

When launch they will be on 99? Channel numbers - BBC Red Button 6 will be on Channel 996.

Why couldn't they offer the UHD football on a similar basis?
Old 19-06-2018, 13:21   #1072
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What do you mean, it wasn't for you? You hardly notice the difference!

Unless you only watch live TV, of course, which is a right old time waster compared with the alternatives we now have.
I must admit, the feature has been on my V6 for months, just didn't get on with it but I may re-visit it just to see if it has changed since then.

My main query was the time difference, some DVD players have had this feature for years but 1.2 speed rings a bell for that. VM are claiming 1.33 speed, surely on a fast moving picture it must look horrible.

I know time is a premium for most these days but I'm more than happy watching a recording at normal speed.
Old 19-06-2018, 14:11   #1073
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Apologies if this has been posted before but I've just noticed that HD versions of the vast majority of Sky Cinema On Demand movies are now available on my V6 boxes. We used to have these a few years ago but in recent times the only HD On Demand movies were the newest to Sky Cinema. Now they're back.
There are a few still missing (for example, I only see SD versions of Amistad and An Affair To Remember) but everything else seems to be in both an SD and HD version.
Old 19-06-2018, 17:01   #1074
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Apologies if this has been posted before but I've just noticed that HD versions of the vast majority of Sky Cinema On Demand movies are now available on my V6 boxes. We used to have these a few years ago but in recent times the only HD On Demand movies were the newest to Sky Cinema. Now they're back.
There are a few still missing (for example, I only see SD versions of Amistad and An Affair To Remember) but everything else seems to be in both an SD and HD version.
I watched Spiderman: Homecoming via On-demand, but this was only available in SD on my V6. Has the HD version be added for this?
Old 19-06-2018, 17:28   #1075
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
well this was a recent article showing what sky had and bringing last month for the uhd market

UK satellite broadcaster Sky promised in a recent press announcement that it would be greatly expanding the amount of 4K UHD content available on its Sky Q subscription TV platform. Now it seems that it’s already making good on that promise, as it unveils a raft of new UHD movies and TV shows.

Already recently added to Sky’s movie offering are UHD Premieres of this lot:

The Hurricane Heist

Emoji Movie

Alien: Covenant

The House

The Dark Tower

Rough Night

Gifted

The Other Guys

Pineapple Express

Sky has added cartoon hit Ferdinand in 4K to its pay to view Sky Store area too, as well as adding a trio of high profile TV shows to its Box Sets area: Billions (seasons one and two, plus new episodes weekly of season three); Revolution; and In The Long Run.

Sky has additionally announced the movies it’s bring to its platform in 4K in May. They are as follows:

Dunkirk – 30th April

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul – 7th May

Anon – 7th May

Annabelle Creation – 7th May

Atomic Blonde – 14th May

My Cousin Rachel – 21st May

War Of The Planet Of The Apes – 21st May

Shutter Island – 7th May

Think Like A Man Too – 21st May

These new 4K content announcements join a long list of other previously released but still available 4K movies and TV series, as well as Sky’s extensive 4K coverage of both UK Premier League football and Formula 1 racing.

Now I’m not trying to be fussy or anything, but virgin have sweet FA in 4K, they need to start to get the finger out the ass on this one, we do pay for sky cinema and sports but dont get all the benefits, or maybe just admit they really have nothing and don’t know when it will change.
We have Netflix films in UHD, Sky don’t.
Old 19-06-2018, 17:32   #1076
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We have Netflix films in UHD, Sky don’t.
True point but at a additional cost of £9.99 a month

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Why couldn't they offer the UHD football on a similar basis?
God knows with virgin they seem to keep playing catch up and it gets boring

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Well having the UHD version where available at sky be nice
Old 20-06-2018, 07:27   #1077
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
True point but at a additional cost of £9.99 a month
I don't see your point. Sky Cinema doesn't come free of charge.
Old 20-06-2018, 07:34   #1078
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
It comes at half price for 12 months though..
Old 20-06-2018, 07:58   #1079
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Next feature will be press red to decide the outcome
Lol.
Old 20-06-2018, 09:45   #1080
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
It’s not free correct but say your on vip pack where you get sky cinema and in HD as part then why should be have to fork out £9.99 extra on top for netflix, I’d rather pay £9.99 for a UHD sky cinema sports add on
Closed Thread