Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 13:08   #991
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I wish I could just rearrange the EPG as I like, like I can do on Freeview, but I've long given up on that feature ever being available on cable. I actually like the +1s right next to the main channel.

This press the coloured button to access the HD version of a channel is rubbish too. The HD version should the be the default now and the SD variants get pushed out of the way.
We have posted our version of that new EPG on Media Boy Blog.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ew-virgin.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2018, 13:25   #992
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We have posted our version of that new EPG on Media Boy Blog.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ew-virgin.html
Hasn`t it been said previously simply add channals to your favourites in whatever order you like?
Old 05-06-2018, 13:37   #993
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Hasn`t it been said previously simply add channals to your favourites in whatever order you like?
When Digital Cable started in my area - Telewest April 1999. They did allow you to do that (Sky One was on Channel 6 - with new channels being at the end of the EPG. One night we get 5 TV and Telewest started broadcasting 15 Radio Channels as well.

But Telewest drop that idea for On Demand.

Ofcom news update.

All channels own by Sony has been transferred to a new company who is now the legal licensee. The licensee is called Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited.

Also Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited has been given an new Licence to launch an channel called "Ben 10".
Old 05-06-2018, 14:32   #994
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't think that works?

Can you not do this on SkyQ?
Old 05-06-2018, 15:27   #995
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

I thought they still appeared in numerical order, irrespective of which order you added them in - but I will give it a go.

As I thought - absolute rubbish, whatever order you add them in they appear in numeric order as I thought.

Last edited by Raider999; 05-06-2018 at 15:30.
Old 05-06-2018, 17:47   #996
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

....agree. I could re-arrange both the position of channels and their location on the Freeview EPG even on the first generation of Freeview stbs that I used to own, yet you still cannot do this on cable.

Quote:
All channels own by Sony has been transferred to a new company who is now the legal licensee. The licensee is called Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited.
Ah, interesting.

As it goes, I was doing a bit of research into media related things last night and I was searching for Sony TV which game me Sony TV. The televisions made by Sony. I was half asleep and I should've searched for Sony Pictures.

I think the name change makes a lot of sense, as using the same brand for different things is a bad idea in my opinion and the Columbia brand is a well recognised one.
Old 05-06-2018, 18:51   #997
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I think the name change makes a lot of sense, as using the same brand for different things is a bad idea in my opinion and the Columbia brand is a well recognised one.
Part of me (the old part) wishes they used Screen Gems
Old 06-06-2018, 04:03   #998
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
As it goes, I was doing a bit of research into media related things last night and I was searching for Sony TV which game me Sony TV. The televisions made by Sony. I was half asleep and I should've searched for Sony Pictures.
Yeah almost everything electronic in this house is made by Sony from TVs to phones, Tablets / playstations etc etc.

I only noticed like a couple weeks back that there is so many Sony based network(s) on the actual cable spectrum across the world that it left me stunned. Kind of cool that a few of them were fashion based.

Quote:
Out of interest do those awful Asian / India based networks like Sony TV all fall under that or is that just co-incidental on the naming?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:58   #999
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
I don't think that works?

Can you not do this on SkyQ?
Yes on Sky Q you can list all your channels in the favourites section of the tv guide in any order you choose.
Old 06-06-2018, 16:42   #1000
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

We have just found out today that Music on Demand has been axe from V, V HD* and V+ HD boxes.

*We do not know if Music on Demand has been removed from V HD.

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Out of interest do those awful Asian / India based networks like Sony TV all fall under that or is that just co-incidental on the naming?
The Sony Asian channels licensee is called Multi Screen Media (Sony Pictures Television).

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

Can someone with Sky Cinema confirmed what the channel name is for Virgin Channel 411.

Our EPG says "Sky Select" but information online says that Sky Select is called Sky Classics until early July 2018.

Thanks for any help.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Also an two channels was added to total channel last night (Was 478 NOW 480)
Old 06-06-2018, 16:47   #1001
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Yes on Sky Q you can list all your channels in the favourites section of the tv guide in any order you choose.

SkyQ must have added favourites then, I am sure they were not available initially as it upset many customers.
Old 06-06-2018, 17:02   #1002
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
SkyQ must have added favourites then, I am sure they were not available initially as it upset many customers.
It was added a while back.
Old 06-06-2018, 18:16   #1003
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It was added a while back.

It was 1 of a number of sky features that went missing with skyq (due to the absurd decision not to base skyq on existing skydive features).

I left because of the features I liked going missing.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:43   #1004
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
The Sony Asian channels licensee is called Multi Screen Media (Sony Pictures Television).
I wish that there was some way that I could get them to move it back to a standalone package...grrrrrr. (This way it just lumps in with all the main package and kicks the price up, for everyone who uses Sky to begin with!)

Is it premium or bundled on Virgin?
Old 07-06-2018, 13:31   #1005
esdxc37
cf.addict

esdxc37 will become famous soon enoughesdxc37 will become famous soon enoughesdxc37 will become famous soon enough

premium for the majority but there are a couple included in bundles.
Closed Thread