Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 20-02-2015, 15:51   #9286
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Woke up this morning to see message on my mobile phone that lolliop was available Successfully installed in about 15 minutes on my Moto G 2nd gen. Thought it was never going to arrive in the UK.

Pretty pathetic reason to feel happy I guess.
No more pathetic than me being 10mins late for work waiting for my Moto G 2nd Gen to update as well!
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2015, 17:40   #9287
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
No more pathetic than me being 10mins late for work waiting for my Moto G 2nd Gen to update as well!
Happy to hear that I'm not the only one. I had a hospital appointment first thing and couldn't wait to get home and play. After all the problems and niggles that people have posted in other forums I was a tad nervous when it finished upgrading but so far it seems to be doing as it's meant to.

I shall have to see how the battery has been effected and if I can't get used to white screens then I shall have to make a few tweaks. Happy Days.
Old 21-02-2015, 05:09   #9288
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

It's small moves tnats going to make me.... It took an hour but I just managed to dress myself for the first time since my op. I have no idea why that upset me but I feel so much better for doing it I can tell you!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 09:21   #9289
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Well done dilli So glad to hear you're on the mend.
Old 21-02-2015, 09:24   #9290
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes our thoughts and wishes are with you dilli in your slow but steady recovery.
Old 21-02-2015, 09:33   #9291
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Woke up this morning to see message on my mobile phone that lolliop was available Successfully installed in about 15 minutes on my Moto G 2nd gen. Thought it was never going to arrive in the UK.

Pretty pathetic reason to feel happy I guess.
There was an update to Lollipop that sorted out a lot off issues..I expect it's been included in your update.The only issue for me is that I cannot pull down the top bar to get at the settings..because they removed that ability.I means I have to have another icon on the desktop.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:56   #9292
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
There was an update to Lollipop that sorted out a lot off issues..I expect it's been included in your update.The only issue for me is that I cannot pull down the top bar to get at the settings..because they removed that ability.I means I have to have another icon on the desktop.
That is a bit strange what are you using, the top bar still comes down on my Nexus 10 and LG G3?

I fixed my slow Nexus 10 after the update doing a factory reset.
Old 21-02-2015, 15:13   #9293
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I went straight on to V5.2 and can't master the 2 finger pull-down for the life of me but can do the second drag down. Too much faffing so I have just moved a settings short cut on to my dock for the time being. I am gong to re-install Nova launcher now that I have upgraded to lollipop which should sort it out more to my taste.
Old 21-02-2015, 18:37   #9294
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
It's small moves tnats going to make me.... It took an hour but I just managed to dress myself for the first time since my op. I have no idea why that upset me but I feel so much better for doing it I can tell you!
That's great news Dilli. It must be a huge struggle so don't underestimate what you've achieved.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 20:13   #9295
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I've just spend 4 hours in A&E with Osem Jnr #2. He hurt his knee a few days ago, seemingly innocuous, but it swelled up and became red and hot over the last 24 hours. In the end we went to the UTC this afternoon and after seeing a nurse and GP, were referred to A&E where he had XRays and blood tests. It turns out he has an infection and we've been given antibiotics but I just had to say how good the staff were, given his various problems. He was understandably stressed and confused by events.

The last doctor we saw was Spanish and she was totally brilliant with him. I even asked if she'd had with special needs experience as she was so good with him and that's been unusual since he left the paediatric system. I'll be writing to the trust next week to compliment her approach. It makes so much difference when you're dealing with people who have a natural empathy and she is a terrific asset.
Old 22-02-2015, 21:08   #9296
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes, it is a shame we only get to hear about the bad doctors and nurses. Shame hardly anyone praises the ones who do their jobs and do them bloody well.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

Oh, and hope the infection clears up soon.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 21:46   #9297
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I've just spend 4 hours in A&E with Osem Jnr #2. He hurt his knee a few days ago, seemingly innocuous, but it swelled up and became red and hot over the last 24 hours. In the end we went to the UTC this afternoon and after seeing a nurse and GP, were referred to A&E where he had XRays and blood tests. It turns out he has an infection and we've been given antibiotics but I just had to say how good the staff were, given his various problems. He was understandably stressed and confused by events.

The last doctor we saw was Spanish and she was totally brilliant with him. I even asked if she'd had with special needs experience as she was so good with him and that's been unusual since he left the paediatric system. I'll be writing to the trust next week to compliment her approach. It makes so much difference when you're dealing with people who have a natural empathy and she is a terrific asset.
Ahhh poor Jnr. Sometimes the world must seem overwhelming. So glad to hear that he will have walked away from this latest experience with some positive memories. Having an empathic doctor when you are scared and in pain can, in my experience, make the world of difference.
Old 23-02-2015, 02:03   #9298
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Osem. Sending Osen Jnr #2 my best wishes, hopefully he will be feeling better soon.
Old 23-02-2015, 04:51   #9299
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

l do hope Osem Jnr #2. will be fine and recovers fully Osem as its never nice taking loved ones to hospital when there is something wrong with them.

Yes you will always hear about bad doctors and nurses but in my mind the vast majority of doctors and nurses are a credit to their profession.
Old 23-02-2015, 07:38   #9300
Osem
Inactive

Hi guys. Thanks for all the kind words. Yes he's woken up fine this morning and the redness and heat has already gone from his leg. It's still swollen but he seems much brighter and more his normal self. I didn't sleep well for worrying about the antibiotics we've started giving him. I don't think he's ever been on AB's before and we know that some people can be allergic to them. As he already has lots of allergies, you can imagine my concern. Anyway, so far, so good, but fingers crossed that the DVT ultrasound we're off to shortly will be clear and show nothing sinister.

I sent positive comment to the trust last night but had quite a job finding out how to do so on their website. There a multiple mentions all over the place of means by which you can complain about treatment etc. but positive feedback can seemingly only be done via a short patient survey that's tucked away out of sight. Maybe if they made it more obvious how to leave constructive/positive comment they'd get more of it and I'll be making that point to them later if I can get hold of a real human being.