Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 15-09-2014, 13:43   #8656
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Good news for a change. I just had an inspection from the council tax people and qualify for. Reduction as a is have a room set aside for my disabilities

Ok so it means I am more of a leech off society as a whole but it saves a little cash a month which is nice.
Nice to hear that some areas of the government adopt a sensible view of what is appropriate. Spare bedrooms may be a luxury in some cases but not in yours!

... oh and you a leech? behave yourself. Anyone who dared to call you that in public would have me, and a lot of others , to answer to!!!!!!!!
Old 15-09-2014, 13:47   #8657
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

dilli, people like you are who the benefits system is meant to help out. Unfortunately, it is the minority of people who take the system for a mug that make people judge everybody on benefits unfairly.

On a side note, been short-listed for interview for a warehouse job. It will be packing computer components and computers up for sending out as well as basic software jobs on the PC's before leaving. A job that I can do with my eyes closed, so hopefully I won't cock it up in the interview like I always seem to do. All very well people saying sell yourself, but when faced with lack of confidence it is hard to sell yourself well.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 13:56   #8658
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Thank you all

@mark I hope you get the job

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Cheers all

@mark I hope you get it - it's not with iiyama is it?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 14:09   #8659
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

@ Mark.

Just be you. Some people are comfortable to 'sell themselves' but if it makes you uncomfortable in any way then that is not the way for you.

Write down a list of all the reasons you are the right person for this job, from your technical skills right down to making a good brew or caring about your fellow workmates. Read that list over and over again in the lead up to your interview.

During the interview always take a deep breath before you answer any question, this will give you time to remember your list and reinforce the impression that you are giving a considered answer.

I interviewed many people, and those I recommended for employment were not always those that could sell themselves to me. I would rather have had someone who thought before they answered, and who quietly knew what their strengths were any day over some one who gave slick answers and had an inflated idea of what they were capable of.
Old 15-09-2014, 14:23   #8660
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Thanks dilli, and I will certainly do that jo. I know where my strengths are and just need to convey them to the interviewer in the right manner.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 14:44   #8661
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

@ dilli that's excellent news and and you are not leeching off anybody, you have a disability that entitles a room set aside, a room very much needed for use by yourself.

@ MarkC1984 Good Luck.
Old 15-09-2014, 16:08   #8662
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Good news for a change. I just had an inspection from the council tax people and qualify for. Reduction as a is have a room set aside for my disabilities

Ok so it means I am more of a leech off society as a whole but it saves a little cash a month which is nice.
I don't imagine anyone who knows you believes that.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
dilli, people like you are who the benefits system is meant to help out. Unfortunately, it is the minority of people who take the system for a mug that make people judge everybody on benefits unfairly.

On a side note, been short-listed for interview for a warehouse job. It will be packing computer components and computers up for sending out as well as basic software jobs on the PC's before leaving. A job that I can do with my eyes closed, so hopefully I won't cock it up in the interview like I always seem to do. All very well people saying sell yourself, but when faced with lack of confidence it is hard to sell yourself well.
Good luck. It's not easy but have you ever bought anything from someone who didn't seem very confident about it? That's effectively what you'd be asking an employer if you can't be confident in your ability to do the job and the other things you feel you have to offer. All you have to remember is that they liked you enough to grant you an interview so nothing in your CV was significantly offputting. The rest is down to you but it'll help if you show you know something about the company and its business. If there has been mention of promotion potential in due course then it'd be good for you to have some thoughts as to where you'd ideally see yourself going and what you could add to the company. However if this really is just a job with nowhere else to go, you'd probably be wise not to stress your eagerness to move onwards and upwards just yet.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 16:36   #8663
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Nice to be back on this page for a while I could not get into the site at all. just back from Nashville & had a wonderful time. Excellent Country Music, weather 85, 90each day, Hope everyone is keeping Ok
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 17:24   #8664
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Our friend has just come out of hospital after having another stent put in.
Old 15-09-2014, 17:26   #8665
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm glad they are out
Old 15-09-2014, 17:30   #8666
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thanks dilli because as many of us know only too well its never nice being in hospital.
Old 15-09-2014, 17:34   #8667
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thanks dilli because as many of us know only too well its never nice being in hospital.
Too smegging right..... I'm half expecting to go in one week and have a 'Dilli's Ward' named after me!
Old 15-09-2014, 17:35   #8668
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Our friend has just come out of hospital after having another stent put in.
Glad your friend is out of hospital, hope they are feeling better soon den and the stent does the trick.
Old 15-09-2014, 17:40   #8669
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Glad your friend is out of hospital, hope they are feeling better soon den and the stent does the trick.
Well he will be taking it easy in these next few weeks and sadly he and his wife have had to cancel their holiday to New England but as l told him his health is more important then a holiday.
Old 15-09-2014, 17:48   #8670
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I am enjoying everyones good news. Happy news always makes me smile.

Plus .... welcome back Nash.