Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2005, 22:47   #796
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

It's called 'Spurs Miscounting Syndrome' - Spurs fans often think they see 11 great players on the pitch in Spurs shirts. The real figure is zero. A comprehensive course of Arsenal DVDs is the usual remedy.
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2005, 23:19   #797
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc

One Decent Lester, only one decent Lester.

pwnd.
Things starting to look up than.
Don't start. Vetch Field on Saturday...

Old 20-09-2005, 23:22   #798
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
ouch there is no may in hell oxford can lose

the all-seater stadiums are killing of the atmospheres at games. surly Thay can let some terracing back in to the stadiums.
Old 21-09-2005, 12:07   #799
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
I see Villa scraped a win against Wycombe, I wonder if Nugget will pop in this thread

Wycombe 3 Villa 8

Tell you what - at half-time, I was all for scrapping Villa and starting to support Grimsby

What made me laugh was that O'Leary was saying before that Villa are taking the Carling Cup seriously, then look at the first half

Oh well, at least we managed to score a couple

UP THE VILLA!!!

We're gonna win the cup
Old 21-09-2005, 13:02   #800
BBKing
R.I.P.

BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star

You probably will from there. When was the last time Villa scored 7 goals without reply? Are you Brazil in disguise (it's a very good disguise, if so).

Grimsby...chortle...chortle...woke up with a happy smile this morning
Old 21-09-2005, 13:15   #801
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
You probably will from there. When was the last time Villa scored 7 goals without reply? Are you Brazil in disguise (it's a very good disguise, if so).

Grimsby...chortle...chortle...woke up with a happy smile this morning
Seven goals without reply? Villa can't manage to score seven goals without reply over an entire season
Old 21-09-2005, 13:20   #802
BBKing
R.I.P.

So modest. If you exclude the first half, you did it last night
Old 21-09-2005, 13:30   #803
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
So modest. If you exclude the first half, you did it last night
In all fairness to Wycombe, they probably got confused. For a start, 3 of our midfielders scored and, to cap it all off, we actually managed to score from the penalty spot. I can't remember that happening for about 5 years
Old 21-09-2005, 14:06   #804
BBKing
R.I.P.

It wasn't a penalty though, to cap it all off

Other news - Brazilo-Irish superstar Gilbert 'The Invisible Wall' O'Silva has signed a four-year extension to his contract. Patrick Who?
Old 21-09-2005, 14:14   #805
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
You'll be the only one there.....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-09-2005, 14:16   #806
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
It wasn't a penalty though, to cap it all off
Of course it wasn't really a penalty - if it had been, Barry would have missed
Old 21-09-2005, 14:29   #807
BBKing
R.I.P.

He was probably doing the decent thing and trying not to score
Old 21-09-2005, 14:30   #808
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
He was probably doing the decent thing and trying not to score
Ah well, in that case, I'm surprised his boot didn't fly off and concuss the 'keeper
Old 21-09-2005, 14:56   #809
BBKing
R.I.P.

Quote:
I'm surprised his boot didn't fly off and concuss the 'keeper
'The police are looking for Sir Alex Ferguson'
Old 21-09-2005, 15:44   #810
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Well West Ham have won again....
I'm really surprised
Don't be! We have a great squad full of youngsters, and a few points to prove. I think we will surprise a few of the bigger clubs this season.
Closed Thread