Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 10-05-2024, 16:10   #8071
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

When you call your bank, or some similar company that holds GDPR or sensitive data on you, you need to enquire about something and they say “Is it ok if we just pass some security questions first?”

What an absolutely pointless question. It’s not even as if they’re sounding polite. If you need to pass a data protection question before going any further then it’s not like you can say “no”.

Behave and simply tell me that “you just need to go through data protection first”.

Under no circumstances should this ever be a question, it’s an absolute requirement!!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2024, 18:59   #8072
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
“Is it ok if we just pass some security questions first?”

!

We answered all the security questions, which was very stressful as they only accepted our first answer. At the end of it they told us our replies were not correct, but they couldn't tell which question was in correction.
Tinky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2024, 19:11   #8073
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Trying to pack a new Medium sized suitcase when I realise maybe I should have gone for a Large, I had wanted to pack a box of something in there that my other half purchased a while back but it looks like that'll have to get left out until July when she is here with hopefully a bigger case.
Old 10-05-2024, 21:08   #8074
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
At the end of it they told us our replies were not correct, but they couldn't tell which question was in correction.
That's good. It stops fraudsters repeatedly calling and guessing the answers.

Though I have been known to say "Don't know. Ask me an easier one"
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2024, 11:29   #8075
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Sciatica grrrrrr
Old 12-05-2024, 08:35   #8076
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Being B12 deficient. Jabs every 12 weeks, but week 9-12 are so hard going with extreme fatigue. I've got 3 days to go till my next jab and seems like I'm now counting down the minutes as it's that bad.

Being deaf is hard enough. But when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves once or twice (mainly twice), they'll say something like 'Oh it doesn't matter' or 'never mind' really makes me want to rip their faces off.

Lastly, are hospitals (and not just hospitals) now using VoIP phones, as my last consultation over the phone, I think I managed to understand about half of what was said as the quality was so bad. This should not be allowed to happen.

Ranting over...

Last edited by peanut; 12-05-2024 at 08:47.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2024, 09:45   #8077
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Sciatica grrrrrr
Not very nice that is for sure as a while back l had a bout of it.

All l did was to turn my body doing something and suddenly l was in agony.
Old 12-05-2024, 10:50   #8078
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Being B12 deficient. Jabs every 12 weeks, but week 9-12 are so hard going with extreme fatigue. I've got 3 days to go till my next jab and seems like I'm now counting down the minutes as it's that bad.

Being deaf is hard enough. But when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves once or twice (mainly twice), they'll say something like 'Oh it doesn't matter' or 'never mind' really makes me want to rip their faces off.

Lastly, are hospitals (and not just hospitals) now using VoIP phones, as my last consultation over the phone, I think I managed to understand about half of what was said as the quality was so bad. This should not be allowed to happen.

Ranting over...
Share all 3 moans. <<hugs>>

I was having problems with my 12 weekly B12 jabs and resorted to buying B12 SL spray which didn't work as well as the jabs but I wasn't quite as tired. Last year when my GP who administers the jabs, yet again, refused to even consider reducing the frequency I managed to convince my Consultant that my already limited quality of life was being made worse. I now have 9 weekly jabs and the difference they have made to my energy levels was well worth all the badgering I had to do. Just wish I had gone to him sooner.

My husband is officially classed as deaf and lip reads but wears hearing aids to boost what little hearing he has. Despite asking that people face him he struggles to follow conversations when we are in a group or when someone looks away. When he has to ask people to repeat what they have said they turn to me and treat him as though he is thick grrrrrrr. Bad enough when it's people who don't know him but when it's a GP !!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness that people who know him well have no problem and that he has a sense of humour.

As for phones, I haven't noticed any problem with VoIP calls but why won't people use our land line. The GP and Hospitals are increasingly doing phone reviews and they all have clear instructions only to use our mobile in emergency situations unless it's about me but ignore the request. John cannot hear a mobile phone conversation, hates even the idea of having to use one to even text, so he doesn't have one. (entrenched 80 year old technophobe mode ) Our landline has amplified sound and a flashing light that alerts him to incoming calls.
Old 12-05-2024, 11:57   #8079
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Thanks Jo.

I've tried to get my B12 done sooner, such as 9 weeks, but they wanted a blood test and it came back at 'satisfactory' - whatever that means. But I will be hassling them again to get it done sooner. I can't take anything else like supplements as nothing else will work as had my ileum removed. So thanks for this info.

I totally get what you say when people talk to you instead of your husband as it happens to me all the time too. Most of the time I have to rely on my wife to act like an interpreter and relay everything that's being said back to me.

As for the phone, I've lost count the amount of times I've asked for them to call on the landline only, and 9/10 it gets ignored. I'm thinking about removing my mobile number from their lists now. The call in question was really bad, I do live in a bad area for mobile signal so I did ask for them to call me back on the landline which they did, but it made no difference.
Old 12-05-2024, 12:31   #8080
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I have come to the conclusion that as soon as one reaches 70 everyone is determined to treat one as being completely gaga and that you are open to receiving anything and everything pertaining to old age and incapacity whether you asked for it or not.

Old 12-05-2024, 12:44   #8081
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My dad has a UTI, and is having the hallucination as well as the bad temper.

He sees people who ain't there and yesterday saying my mum needs the loo (See died in 2020).

His antibiotics finished yesterday, so he is due a blood test and urine dip, so I guess more antibiotics.

He is also being monitored by the Virtual Hospital and they have given me the equipment so I can do BP, O2, respiration and temp reading and submit on a tablet twice a day.
Old 12-05-2024, 19:05   #8082
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I have come to the conclusion that as soon as one reaches 70 everyone is determined to treat one as being completely gaga and that you are open to receiving anything and everything pertaining to old age and incapacity whether you asked for it or not.

I came to the same conclusion years ago Maggy, you are right.

My trivial moan of the day, my cordless mouse gave up the ghost, had to borrow one from a neighbour.

Last edited by Tinky; 12-05-2024 at 19:20.
Tinky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2024, 23:51   #8083
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy
Yes I have noticed that also.. My dad is 74 and is treated this way....

Im sorry Maggy if you are treated badly,you seem to be a nice girl to me!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2024, 13:02   #8084
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not very nice that is for sure as a while back l had a bout of it.

All l did was to turn my body doing something and suddenly l was in agony.
Yep! Old age woke up stood up and promptly nearly fell over

Solpadeine max & Nurofen and constant heat and ice packs are slowly starting to help. If it keeps going I’m considering getting a TENS device but there’s mixed reviews as to how good they are
Old 13-05-2024, 13:31   #8085
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

The missus got the first twinge from a dental abscess last Wednesday. It was much worse the next day, so I called to make an emergency appointment.

The first spot available was today, Monady, before noon. One of the dentists had a look and wrote a script for antibiotics. Back in a few days to check on it.

Just after we shut the door, he exploded "Why the **** was she told to wait! It's a ***** EMERGENCY SITUATION! She should have been seen the same ****** day! I will not allow a **** charge be made for this **** situation!"
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote