Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 'Not financially viable'!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

'Not financially viable'!

Old 02-09-2011, 18:03   #31
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 'Not financially viable'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
oops, sorry I thought it had the street cabinet reporting option within it.https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...LATION_REQUEST
Fault with your services > cable services > bottom option (street cabinet) The OP can report the manhole issue using the cabinet form ? Or just call using the number above.
The phone line says it will be addressed within 48 hours so not a bad option.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2011, 19:25   #32
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
The OP has just got a new install done, the least a tech should do is check whether the levels are good. The issue wouldn't have even been raised until he experienced issues which is another unnecessary hiccup. Whats your problem with me being annoyed? This is a forum set up to help people, if you don't like the help thats being offered offer your own.
Well i just find it odd that you'd be “annoyed” that's all, being as you have no kind of connection to the OP, at least i presume not anyway.

If on the other hand it was your own install i could quite understand you posting such comments, i just find it a bit odd that’s all. By all means carry on doing so if you wish, as you say this is public forum and people can say what they like, however if you are going to get annoyed with techs perhaps not doing everything they maybe should be (due to their excessive workloads), then please watch your blood pressure ok

As for offering my own advice, i do every now and then. In this case re-signal levels there is no point in me offering any kind of advice, firstly because half a dozen other people will say your signal levels are wrong, it’s the end of the world! Secondly, the OP has no actual problem with his connection.

As for the original reason the OP posted about his install not being financially viable, i would have said sorry they will not dig the highway for your cable to be laid (as they haven't), but yes running the cable from next doors omnibox, well that’s always an option if the parties involved agree to it. It’s either that or chances are the property becomes non serviceable.

The issue that “could” (not saying it will) arise at some future date is, if the OP who is using next doors drop cable, looses his service due to say his neighbours having their drive or garden dug up, if then next door refuse to allow a new cable to be laid as it would involve disturbing their nice new frontage shall we say, then the OP will loose all his services. VM will still not dig the highway or private road which is in front of his house.

As for any “legal” issue about the cable going from one house to the next across the front, well that I doubt would be a problem if the parties involved all get on etc, however yes if the house next door should be sold and the new owners are ones who “don’t like any wires on their house” of which there are many, then the OP could once again loose his current service, just one of those really, it’s the chance you take…..
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 21:32   #33
colbeck
Inactive

Services: Tivo VHD V+ 50MB Telco
colbeck is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a PT for VM and was just looking over the previous posts and the fact the tech has taken the drop cable from your neighbors property wayleave should have been granted before the installation took place. you may want to get it i writing from your neighbor in case of potential problems in the future. i.e the drop cable goes down and you possibly wouldn't be able to continue service if they object.

Although welcome to VM
colbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 10:59   #34
gherkin
Inactive

gherkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I'll try and get it in writing from them.

I've just seen that a shiny new CATV cover has appeared where it was previously missing! Unfortunately, the open cabinet that I reported is still open and has been for a few weeks now.
gherkin is offline   Reply With Quote