Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is it still difficult to leave Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is it still difficult to leave Virgin Media?

Old 23-02-2024, 20:51   #16
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Is it still difficult to leave Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
After 20 years, I have decided to leave Virgin Media and have signed up with Sky and I think I need to give 30 days notice to leave Virgin Media.

I recall that Ofcom got involved over VM making it very difficult for customers to leave, whether it be online or over the telephone. Is this still the case? It would be good to know as I will be making the cancellation call next week.
I left VM in 2022 after being with them since 1991.

To put it midly, it was hell.

What they are playing on is you not being rude and trying to keep you on the phone. After one hour, yes one hour of talking to them, I said to them, "I've given you my notice, goodbye." There was "but, but, but" coming down the line, but I put the phone down on them.

I recommend to anyone in the same situation as I was, is, not to be bullied into staying on the line. State you want to disconnect, then hang up.

They kept telling me that I needed to stay on the line, to enable the correct disconnection, otherwise things could go wrong. Total nonsense. They can do that on their own time.

Not long after I hung up on them, I got the cancellation email from them.

Absolutely disgusting way to behave from them and I will never go back to them again.

I also note, they don't use the Indian call centres for this particular task, if they had, it would've been a lot easier.
Old 24-02-2024, 09:15   #17
FamousBeetle
cf.member

FamousBeetle is an unknown quantity at this point

My contract is ending in a few months. I am dreading leaving them after reading some horror stories.
FamousBeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2024, 19:47   #18
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

A recorded delivery letter is the way to go. Forget the phone, life is too short.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2024, 08:59   #19
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
A recorded delivery letter is the way to go. Forget the phone, life is too short.
I agree, a recorded delivery letter provides YOU with peace of mind, you know for certain they have received your termination letter
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote