Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 15:17   #1801
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Virgin Media's website has finally been updated with all of the new channels available on the various packs.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels.html

HISTORY HD is being sold as Full House only, which is also backed up by this page. I wonder how long the current period of free access to all other customers will continue?

It also confirms C+I should still be Full House only, so the continuing free access to this on Virgin TV Go must be a mistake that they've still not spotted.

They have used proper HD logos for Quest HD and ZooMoo HD, unlike in the TV Guide on the V6 box. However, they've used the Love Nature 4K logo for Love Nature HD.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 10-08-2018 at 15:28.
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2018, 15:47   #1802
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No Premier Sports in there so my hunch is its two months free and then Bobs Your uncle..
Old 10-08-2018, 16:16   #1803
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No Premier Sports in there so my hunch is its two months free and then Bobs Your uncle..
yeah pity wont be paying for it that's for sure never have on that channel
Old 10-08-2018, 16:58   #1804
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
yeah pity wont be paying for it that's for sure never have on that channel

Watched a few of the live ICC cup football matches, only pre-season friendliest however you dress them up.

Might watch the odd pro-14 rugby match, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
Old 10-08-2018, 18:39   #1805
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Watched a few of the live ICC cup football matches, only pre-season friendliest however you dress them up.

Might watch the odd pro-14 rugby match, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
Same here.
Old 10-08-2018, 19:05   #1806
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

Shame the free period for Premier Sport will end just as the NHL gets under way.

I love Ice hockey but even that would not persuade me to part with another tenner. Already paying £100 per month as it is.

I dont know how many subscribers Premier Sports gets on Virgin and across all the platforms but you would think it will be significantly less than the subscribers to Sky Sports and to BT Sports. Whilst they both hold Premier League rights the others such as Premier Sports and the newcomer Elevensport will the feeding off scraps.
Old 10-08-2018, 19:21   #1807
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
Shame the free period for Premier Sport will end just as the NHL gets under way.

I love Ice hockey but even that would not persuade me to part with another tenner. Already paying £100 per month as it is.

I dont know how many subscribers Premier Sports gets on Virgin and across all the platforms but you would think it will be significantly less than the subscribers to Sky Sports and to BT Sports. Whilst they both hold Premier League rights the others such as Premier Sports and the newcomer Elevensport will the feeding off scraps.
Premier Sports put NHL games on FreeSports last season, no idea if they will do it again this season.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Virgin Media's website has finally been updated with all of the new channels available on the various packs.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels.html

HISTORY HD is being sold as Full House only, which is also backed up by this page. I wonder how long the current period of free access to all other customers will continue?

It also confirms C+I should still be Full House only, so the continuing free access to this on Virgin TV Go must be a mistake that they've still not spotted.

They have used proper HD logos for Quest HD and ZooMoo HD, unlike in the TV Guide on the V6 box. However, they've used the Love Nature 4K logo for Love Nature HD.
The Standard Definition version of the channel calls itself 4K on-screen and audibly by the continuity announcer, it's not just the HD variation.
Old 10-08-2018, 20:56   #1808
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post

I love Ice Hockey ,but its not the same since they canned Hockey night in Canada with the one and only Don Cherry!
Old 11-08-2018, 00:13   #1809
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

More channels have been moved down to the 'free' Player pack:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/broadba...adband-bundles

Apart from those who want BT Sport, this further devalues the Full House pack. Those still wanting the pay channels could subscribe to NOW TV to top up their channel choice, would be able to get Sky Atlantic and get GOLD back too. I'm hoping that the negotiations to add the remaining UKTV channels are successful as this would be an ideal solution for me.

In order not to take this thread off topic, i've posted something here (post 794) that could suggest that there could be light at the end of the tunnel in the UKTV dispute:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...2#post35958822

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 11-08-2018 at 00:18.
Old 11-08-2018, 00:33   #1810
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
More channels have been moved down to the 'free' Player pack:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/broadba...adband-bundles

Apart from those who want BT Sport, this further devalues the Full House pack. Those still wanting the pay channels could subscribe to NOW TV to top up their channel choice, would be able to get Sky Atlantic and get GOLD back too. I'm hoping that the negotiations to add the remaining UKTV channels are successful as this would be an ideal solution for me.

In order not to take this thread off topic, i've posted something here (post 794) that could suggest that there could be light at the end of the tunnel in the UKTV dispute:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...2#post35958822
Maybe something big is coming to Full House.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 11-08-2018 at 00:38.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:33   #1811
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe something big is coming to Full House.
Yes switch on your box OB go through the EPG and Bobs your Uncle...
Old 11-08-2018, 06:54   #1812
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

UKTV Channels are back!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:05   #1813
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Anybody know if virgin are in talks with eleven sports, before i fork out the £5.99 p.m. for the la liga/serie a football coverage.I will not pay in advance in case virgin surprise us and put it on as a channel (happy to pay the cost)rather than stream the games.I can cancel the monthy subscription easily therafter.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:06   #1814
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Anybody know if virgin are in talks with eleven sports, before i fork out the £5.99 p.m. for the la liga/serie a football coverage.I will not pay in advance in case virgin surprise us and put it on as a channel (happy to pay the cost)rather than stream the games.I can cancel the monthy subscription easily therafter.
l have heard nothing thus so far Figgyburn..
Old 11-08-2018, 09:28   #1815
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Gold HD is coming soon!
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a8...ficially-back/
Closed Thread