Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2014, 12:01   #1786
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ghts-channel-5

Could Discovery team up with Virgin Media for the next round of Premier League rights?

Hope so that will give them something barter with when dealing with Sky/BT.
Not in a millions years.
Old 27-03-2014, 12:10   #1787
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You would think replacewd extra, wouldn't you, but I was surprised to find that it was cheaper!

I had XL TV XL BB and XL Phone and two Tivos.

I rang up to cancel TV completely and just have XL Phone and XL BB and to pay the line rental up font.

The price they quoted for XL Phone and XL BB was cheaper than the price advertised on the VM website for those services and I accepted that price. Then the CS agent said that if I kept one Tivo with M TV, they could reduce the price by a further £5 or six months and then by 50 pence for a further 12 months.

I guess that since I already had a Tivo installed, it wasn't costing them to leave it in my home and they were hoping I would see a show only available on a higher TV package and up my TV package to be able to watch it.

Also, I suppose it's possible that they want to keep as many TV subscribers for end of year sales figures.
You've hit the nail on the head , traditional TV sub's are becoming harder and harder to replace , why do you think Sky now reports Now TV subscribers in with its satellite customer base.
Old 27-03-2014, 13:20   #1788
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Could Discovery team up with Virgin Media for the next round of Premier League rights?

No, because Virgin Media/Liberty have made it clear that they are not interested in bidding rights to broadcast content.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Only a rumour i've heard. To combat the growing success of BT Sports and Netflix Sky may reduce the wholesale costs of their movies and sports packs across all platforms.
Or they could just let us have Sky Atlantic, that would bring in a few pennies.
Old 27-03-2014, 13:31   #1789
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, because Virgin Media/Liberty have made it clear that they are not interested in bidding rights to broadcast content.

Somehow this scenario is as likely to happen as of the great master ever deserting his great fortress of Skydor.
Old 27-03-2014, 15:12   #1790
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

As far as i'm aware Virgin Media have no interest in bidding for any football rights as they wish to focus their attention on faster speeds and on demand at the moment.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

SA isn't in lgs current plans bud.
Old 27-03-2014, 15:13   #1791
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

see OB is still dreaming about something that never gonna happen
Old 27-03-2014, 15:14   #1792
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
It will happen just not anytime soon.
Old 27-03-2014, 15:15   #1793
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It will happen just not anytime soon.
no chance they will not let anyone have it more chance of snowing in hell forever
Old 27-03-2014, 16:06   #1794
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
no chance they will not let anyone have it more chance of snowing in hell forever
Definition of Hell "your own nightmare" so if you nightmare is snow then there is snow in Hell.
Old 27-03-2014, 16:08   #1795
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
This is the kind of news might be steering VM's decisions down a certain path...

http://www.whathifi.com/news/digital...me-watching-tv

Times are changing - VM aren't going to spend money on what they don't have to.
Hence why pay TV operators are investing so much in mobile , YouTube in 2011 reported 6% of viewing was on mobiles this increased in 2012 to 25% and by 2013 was an astonishing 40% so clearly the appetite for video on mobile is there.
Old 27-03-2014, 16:15   #1796
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with dreaming Dave as you know only too well.
Old 27-03-2014, 16:18   #1797
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

Except when your driving.
Old 27-03-2014, 16:38   #1798
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You may be right but I'm sure most of us lost interest in this particular will it/won't it story a long time ago
Old 27-03-2014, 16:55   #1799
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Erm anyone get an email today off VM saying they've been supercharged?? The email says "youve recently been in touch with us to increase your broadband speed, so youre now up to 100MB one of our new supercharged broadband speeds"

i havent called virgin media...

i've logged into my online account and it is now saying 100MB! Bizarre. Why on earth would they do this without me asking for it?? Better call them up?????
Old 27-03-2014, 16:57   #1800
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Because you would have pre-registered. All pre-registered customers who have compatible kit have had their speed upgraded