Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | life on mars

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

life on mars

Old 06-03-2007, 22:07   #166
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: life on mars

The 10pm episode on BBC4 is a repeat
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2007, 22:09   #167
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
I forgot last week, then realised they had skipped an episode due to the footy - I was even cursing 'cos I couldn't find it on VOD - of course with no BSG available, anymore, I'll no longer need to use that as an option
Not bad !!!!!
The Sweet with Hellraiser A Trimphone, Parker Coats.....the storyline wasn't bad either.

Why have I got this urge to go out and buy a Cortina Mark III ?

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The 10pm episode on BBC4 is a repeat
Yep
Old 06-03-2007, 22:35   #168
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Not bad !!!!!
The Sweet with Hellraiser A Trimphone, Parker Coats.....the storyline wasn't bad either.

Why have I got this urge to go out and buy a Cortina Mark III ?

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Yep
was there ever a 'performance' version of the Mk3 Cortina?

I've had a Mk2 & a Mk4, Cortina, btw - the mk4 was definitely bought at night, but did cruise fast,
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01   #169
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Was a great episode last night. Can't wait to see how it develops towards the end of the series.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:15   #170
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
was there ever a 'performance' version of the Mk3 Cortina?

I've had a Mk2 & a Mk4, Cortina, btw - the mk4 was definitely bought at night, but did cruise fast,
My dad had a Cortina Crusader, Y-reg from new. Wonderful car. Colour was a bit naff though, sort of turqoise-y

shame BBC4 showed the wrong episode though
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 13:21   #171
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

BBC4 have stopped showing the first look episodes and are now showing the previous weeks BBC1 episode in case people miss it.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:21   #172
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light

I've enjoyed the whole series of LoM... (it's filmed in my hometown, the town hall is the outside of the police station )
I'm gonna wait until the box set of both series comes out towards the end of the year and I'm gonna watch it all again and again

(some of the locations in series 1 are fairly local to me.. no, I'm not gonna start offering LoM tours...!!!)
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:05   #173
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Buy the car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6433955.stm

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Life-on-Mars-M...QQcmdZViewItem
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:26   #174
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Buy the car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6433955.stm

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Life-on-Mars-M...QQcmdZViewItem
Surprised that no nerd has picked up on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
The 1974 model stars in the time-travel series which tells the story of a modern-day policeman who finds himself transported to the 1970s.
Was he not transported back to 1973?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 13:12   #175
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Surprised that no nerd has picked up on this...

Was he not transported back to 1973?
Yes, but models are built and sold in advance...

I.E the 1974 model would have been on sale from 1st August 1973
Old 09-03-2007, 13:31   #176
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I wish I could afford it.

It would be great to own that car.
Old 09-03-2007, 13:49   #177
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Yes, but models are built and sold in advance...

I.E the 1974 model would have been on sale from 1st August 1973
There are some anachronisms, including the car, on the Wikipedia page...

What's interesting though, is it mentions a spin off to be called Ashes to Ashes set in 1981. Anyone know any more about this?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 14:21   #178
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
There are some anachronisms, including the car, on the Wikipedia page...

What's interesting though, is it mentions a spin off to be called Ashes to Ashes set in 1981. Anyone know any more about this?
Hi yes, if it does go ahead Ahes to Ashes will be set in the 80's and star Phil Glenister as Gene Hunt.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:14   #179
punky
Inactive

Its a shame they are ending it... I think the concept has more mileage. For example, you can also have a hotshot doctor go back to victorian-era and diagnose/treat people House-esque, using victorian tools.
Old 13-03-2007, 21:38   #180
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

I love the alias names they are using while undercover
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote