Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 19:51   #166
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
France 24 (FRENCH) SD has closed but France 24 has lauch an HD channel on Virgin UK Channel 832.
Just checked and it's available on M+ like the SD version. Given this is a news channel shouldn't it be in the low 600s like the others?

Also makes NHKWorldHD not being available on lower level packages look increasingly daft. It's FTA on satellite.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2018, 20:13   #167
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I was actually meaning the total price for Sky Cinema on Virgin in HD.

I was asking as I generally find the Sky Cinema offering poor these days and the amount of good movies coming out of Hollywood is few and far between.
There is plenty of choice and we still use it. As you say the content mirrors what comes out of Hollywood, its all a matter of taste. There are a lot of classic movies available, which I personally enjoy.
I cannot remember the cost per month as its part of my package , I did ask about dropping it ,but the amount saved was negligible
Old 11-01-2018, 20:32   #168
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Just checked and it's available on M+ like the SD version. Given this is a news channel shouldn't it be in the low 600s like the others?

Also makes NHKWorldHD not being available on lower level packages look increasingly daft. It's FTA on satellite.
No, because its the French language version.
Old 11-01-2018, 21:17   #169
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
No, because its the French language version.
Good point. Silly me.
Old 11-01-2018, 22:47   #170
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How much is Sky Cinema in HD on VM these days ?

Do You think it represents value for money ?
I hadn't had it since 2001, but was recently given it free for two months. I made a point of checking every film on every channel during this period, to see if it was worth subscribing again. During this period there was one film that I really enjoyed and about 4 or 5 that were ok. The rest were either old films available on other channels of not my taste.

After the free period ended, I was offered it for half price at £10.50, so the full price must be £21. I declined because I didn't think it was worth it even at half price!

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
France 24 (FRENCH) SD has closed but France 24 has lauch an HD channel on Virgin UK Channel 832.
An interesting development, does anyone know which pack/EPG number it was on in SD?
Old 11-01-2018, 22:47   #171
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I hadn't had it since 2001, but was recently given it free for two months. I made a point of checking every film on every channel during this period, to see if it was worth subscribing again. During this period there was one film that I really enjoyed and about 4 or 5 that were ok. The rest were either old films available on other channels of not my taste.

After the free period ended, I was offered it for half price at £10.50, so the full price must be £21. I declined because I didn't think it was worth it even at half price!
I'm not sure it is that much - just ended my discounted 1st year with full tv, 200mb broadband, phone and 2 v6 boxes - price went through the roof, removing sky cinema only saved me around £9pm.

However, what they neglected to tell me was by removing movie channels I also lost the sports channels in HD - to restore them cost me almost as much as movies. I went ballistic and was offered the HD sports channels FOC for a year.

It all seems vague - not really sure I am getting a good deal even now.

I have to say if the prices do increase in April, as suggested, I am likely to abandon ship and revert to sky.
Old 11-01-2018, 23:20   #172
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I'm not sure it is that much - just ended my discounted 1st year with full tv, 200mb broadband, phone and 2 v6 boxes - price went through the roof, removing sky cinema only saved me around £9pm.

However, what they neglected to tell me was by removing movie channels I also lost the sports channels in HD - to restore them cost me almost as much as movies. I went ballistic and was offered the HD sports channels FOC for a year.

I have to say if the prices do increase in April, as suggested, I am likely to abandon ship and revert to sky.
I have Sky Cinema in HD but don't get Sky Sports in HD. HD is at no extra cost for the Film channel's but not for the sport alas.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:33   #173
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post

Is it the English or the French version? If its still in French then it will stay in with the Foreign channels section anyway. It will be exclusive to Virgin if it is either as the only HD feed available is from Eutelsat 13E

Don't know if the channel is profit sharing or not. That's usually the reason its free everywhere except VM
Old 12-01-2018, 13:18   #174
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
There is plenty of choice and we still use it. As you say the content mirrors what comes out of Hollywood, its all a matter of taste. There are a lot of classic movies available, which I personally enjoy.
I cannot remember the cost per month as its part of my package , I did ask about dropping it ,but the amount saved was negligible
I found there was so few of the new Premieres each month we were watching I now just pick and choose and use the rental route or the buy and keep you'd be amazed the discounts out there if you use multiple services.
Old 12-01-2018, 23:05   #175
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
BBC Alba moved to 161 a year or so back but was on VM for a long time before then.

You get the occasional good programme on BBC Alba - they ran so original BBC-tv Dr. Finlay's Casebook episodes in the last couple of years.
BBC Alba was on vm when the channel 1st launched in the 00's!
Old 13-01-2018, 01:31   #176
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
BBC Alba moved to 161 a year or so back but was on VM for a long time before then.

You get the occasional good programme on BBC Alba - they ran so original BBC-tv Dr. Finlay's Casebook episodes in the last couple of years.

What, in gaelic?
Old 13-01-2018, 02:02   #177
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

Just checked and it is £21 a month. Maybe you only saved about £9 a month because changing your package resulted in you losing previous discounts that were applied??
Old 13-01-2018, 08:15   #178
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Dr Finlay's Casebook was broadcast with the original English soundtrack - no dubbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
[/B]

What, in gaelic?
Old 14-01-2018, 14:01   #179
Horsegirlbusmad
cf.member

Horsegirlbusmad is an unknown quantity at this point

Are we getting any more new channels coming to virgin media this year?
Old 14-01-2018, 14:18   #180
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsegirlbusmad View Post
Are we getting any more new channels coming to virgin media this year?
No.
Closed Thread