Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 16:39   #1561
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

This wasn't really good or bad news. It was a remark presented as a done deal. Anyone reading that article would think the UK had suddenly arranged a bunch of trade deals.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2018, 21:11   #1562
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This wasn't really good or bad news. It was a remark presented as a done deal. Anyone reading that article would think the UK had suddenly arranged a bunch of trade deals.
I don't blame the readers (we all lead busy lives) but it's disappointing that The Sun is still publishing what is in effect fake news and people are believing it.
Old 11-01-2018, 21:28   #1563
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't blame the readers (we all lead busy lives) but it's disappointing that The Sun is still publishing what is in effect fake news and people are believing it.
you know that and truth don't go together right
Old 11-01-2018, 22:49   #1564
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Hillsborough proved that to many people. But as we saw in post 1548, people are still being deceived by The Sun through no fault of their own.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:28   #1565
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Especially if it’s written in the guardian as well.....
Old 12-01-2018, 11:41   #1566
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
When the news is quoted from senior government figures that's usually factual enough even in the Sun.
Yes, and no.

Yes, Senior government figures are in the best position to report the facts on what the government is doing, but you have to remember that they may also be slightly desperate to make the government is doing something.

My reading of this is those countries have indicated an interest in talking about matching the existing agreements. That does not mean they have agreed to match the existing agreements, just that they want to talk about it.

That is not the same thing as keeping the existing agreements at all.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:44   #1567
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Especially if it’s written in the guardian as well.....
And many others as one knows only too well..
Old 12-01-2018, 11:49   #1568
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And many others as one knows only too well..
Spot on, but as usual the lefties and over sensitive types, choose to be one sided as usual Den.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Yes, and no.

Yes, Senior government figures are in the best position to report the facts on what the government is doing, but you have to remember that they may also be slightly desperate to make the government is doing something.

My reading of this is those countries have indicated an interest in talking about matching the existing agreements. That does not mean they have agreed to match the existing agreements, just that they want to talk about it.

That is not the same thing as keeping the existing agreements at all.
Rubbish, you cannot have it both ways. A quote is a quote by a political figure FFS.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:06   #1569
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Rubbish, you cannot have it both ways. A quote is a quote by a political figure FFS.
You apparently missed the point of my post.

I wasn't actually talking about any specific quote when I said "Yes and No". I was answering "When the news is quoted from senior government figures that's usually factual enough even in the Sun.". You can quote someone word for word, but if the facts they quote are not accurate or are misleading, the facts you quote will either not be accurate or will be misleading. The government frequently does this on all subjects.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:12   #1570
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
You apparently missed the point of my post.

I wasn't actually talking about any specific quote when I said "Yes and No". I was answering "When the news is quoted from senior government figures that's usually factual enough even in the Sun.". You can quote someone word for word, but if the facts they quote are not accurate or are misleading, the facts you quote will either not be accurate or will be misleading. The government frequently does this on all subjects.
I missed no such thing. I got your post and I disagree because it’s lobsided rubbish. A quote is a quote.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:36   #1571
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I missed no such thing. I got your post and I disagree because it’s lobsided rubbish. A quote is a quote.
No one is disputing the quote. Just that a quote means we have trade deals already sorted, it doesn't. The bills need to be created and passed in their respective parliaments.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:42   #1572
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think what he's saying is that chucking a random quote into an article doesn't make the rest of the article factually correct.
Old 12-01-2018, 13:08   #1573
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I think what he's saying is that chucking a random quote into an article doesn't make the rest of the article factually correct.
Sigh.

A quote is a quote!

How many more times do I have to repeat myself?
Old 12-01-2018, 13:29   #1574
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sigh.

A quote is a quote!

How many more times do I have to repeat myself?
That's not the question so why do you keep repeating yourself?
Are you saying that you can make a fake news article in The Sun correct by adding in a random quote?
Old 12-01-2018, 13:33   #1575
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
That's not the question so why do you keep repeating yourself?
Are you saying that you can make a fake news article in The Sun correct by adding in a random quote?
4th time. A quote is a quote! It is not hard. Crikey is it a slow day on here or what ?
Closed Thread