Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

Old 08-01-2018, 23:23   #16
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

Why don't we put the question to every member on this forum.
1) Do you think that we are paying too much for Cable Tv

2) Do you think the channels that we have justify a further price increase.

3 ) would customers jump ship and go to other providers if prices increase further for the channels that we have
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2018, 00:22   #17
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Why don't we put the question to every member on this forum.
1) Do you think that we are paying too much for Cable Tv

2) Do you think the channels that we have justify a further price increase.

3 ) would customers jump ship and go to other providers if prices increase further for the channels that we have
If your answers are Yes, No and Yes then it's definitely time to shop around. So many options available now in terms of other providers and streaming services. All companies rely on the apathy of the masses when putting prices up. If people feel they are not getting value for money, but keep on paying regardless, they're not doing themselves any favours.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 18:25   #18
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Might just be a fluke, but just 10 minutes ago I was invited to fill in a survey by virgin media on price increases and how much I thought would be acceptable. It concentrated a lot on what would be the maximum I would be happy to pay and the minimum.
Feels like they're possibly testing the water to maybe introduce different packages/prices. This would make sense, due to sky just having rejiggled their packages.
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 23:29   #19
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

IF prices go up again at an unreasonable rate, then VM can shove it.

Last year prices went up three times. And they cannot justify the price increases. Cable Yv should be cheaper. Not expensive.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34   #20
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Last year prices went up three times. And they cannot justify the price increases. Cable Yv should be cheaper. Not expensive.
Price of football imo.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:39   #21
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

So you've said before, Arthur, and yet you continue to let Virgin Media into your house!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:52   #22
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

There was only one general price increase last year in November. The increase before that was November 2016.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 19:45   #23
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Maybe if they stopped giving discounts to people, like me who didn't ask for one last year and this year, they might not have to put the prices up so often.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 19:55   #24
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

But the reason why they give discounts is to stop customers leaving and to keep their churn down.
Old 11-01-2018, 20:05   #25
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Maybe if they stopped giving discounts to people, like me who didn't ask for one last year and this year, they might not have to put the prices up so often.
If people don't ask for discounts, they pay way over the odds, way more than new customers. Its a crazy situation, but VM have created it. Presumably they make loads from customers that never quibble and accept a price rise several times a year. Direct Debits and apathy - a corporate dream.....
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 20:45   #26
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If people don't ask for discounts, they pay way over the odds, way more than new customers. Its a crazy situation, but VM have created it. Presumably they make loads from customers that never quibble and accept a price rise several times a year. Direct Debits and apathy - a corporate dream.....
I believe everyone should be paying the advertised price. That said I'm not going to turn down discount I didn't even ask for.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 21:16   #27
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

This whole discussion brings up the true value of what we're paying for on a monthly basis. My contract is not up until august and from a personal point of view I probably will not be continuing with the TV side of things or landline phone.
I have recently been using a mixture of Amazon prime, now TV and netflix, and for my family this seems to be enough. I find it has lots of choice and gives me great flexibility. I paid £79 back in July for a year of prime and I feel it is great value for money. We have taken full advantage of the next day delivery, and it's worked well for them as a lot of our purchases are now through Amazon.
I find virgin TV too limited now, the V6 is good but I never take advantage of the 6 tuners, and the on demand especially the catch up is very poor. The channels on offer, some are good but too littered with adverts. I know I could record, but somehow maybe I've become too lazy! And prefer the instant on and no adverts of the steaming sites.
Old 11-01-2018, 21:51   #28
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
This whole discussion brings up the true value of what we're paying for on a monthly basis. My contract is not up until august and from a personal point of view I probably will not be continuing with the TV side of things or landline phone.
I have recently been using a mixture of Amazon prime, now TV and netflix, and for my family this seems to be enough. I find it has lots of choice and gives me great flexibility. I paid £79 back in July for a year of prime and I feel it is great value for money. We have taken full advantage of the next day delivery, and it's worked well for them as a lot of our purchases are now through Amazon.
I find virgin TV too limited now, the V6 is good but I never take advantage of the 6 tuners, and the on demand especially the catch up is very poor. The channels on offer, some are good but too littered with adverts. I know I could record, but somehow maybe I've become too lazy! And prefer the instant on and no adverts of the steaming sites.
I cut the cord 2 years ago and have never looked back, although i did take SKY up on a offer but was only for basic tv more as a backup if my net goes down.
I myself use playstation store for renting/buying movies, netflix for tv and a American service via a vpn which i pay a friend around £7p/m for gives me hbo, nbcsports, foxsports and tonnes more.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 22:34   #29
ottoni
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I cut the cord 2 years ago and have never looked back, although i did take SKY up on a offer but was only for basic tv more as a backup if my net goes down.
I myself use playstation store for renting/buying movies, netflix for tv and a American service via a vpn which i pay a friend around £7p/m for gives me hbo, nbcsports, foxsports and tonnes more.
Sounds good, and I think this sort of picking and mixing will become more popular as time goes on. People want choice and variety, without adverts! Sky and virgin TV packages have become bloated and unfit for purpose. Don't get me wrong there will always be supporters of linear TV, but it nowadays seems an outdated concept.
Old 11-01-2018, 23:02   #30
Mr Banana

Quote:

You have been saying this since 1901