Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 23-11-2017, 17:39   #4846
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Everything should get fixed, it is up to them how it is done, but it should look like new.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-11-2017 at 17:45.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2017, 21:15   #4847
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Does anyone know if my insurance will replace the plastic bumper as I'm being told by some family members that they won't replace it because it just has a few scrapes but what they will do more than likely is do a respray + fix/replace where needed therefore surely that means they will replace the black plastic bumper due to the deep scores that is now on it, plus it's plastic how would they go about fixing that without replacing it

Surely they will replace this as my car was immaculate before I decided to have a crash, what I thought would happen is any damage as a result of the accident would be repaired or is that not the case advice please as I don't want to keep phoning my insurance company as I do get quite nervous and I don't want to ask hubby as he is currently on the road driving.

To be honest with everyone, I'm really hoping that they will replace the bumper as it was damaged in the crash. I'm really down at the moment and kicking myself for not concentrating.

I just want my car back to what it was before the crash, here is photos that was taken just after my accident.

Any advice would be TRULY appreciated...
Highly annoying I know, especially when it's a new car but the main thing is that nobody is hurt. I'm sure the insurance company will sort it out but if you're at all worried give them a call and ask what their policy or repair v. replace is.

If it's done well I doubt you'll be able to tell a repair has been done.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 21:20   #4848
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

If the plastic bumper is holed or cracked it will be only viable to replace it with a new bumper.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 10:04   #4849
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I bit the bullet and phoned them and I'm quite happy with what they have said basically any damage that occurred during the accident will be fixed and my car should look once again like new.

That has settled my mind now the only thing is they cannot guarantee that my car will be back for our couple of days away on Sunday the 3rd but will do there best, if not we will just take the hire car or hubby's.

Thanks everyone who replied.
Old 24-11-2017, 12:24   #4850
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

People with nothing better to do than gossip and cause a lot of aggravation which has meant me spending the week in a really deep pit of depression.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 16:46   #4851
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Stay strong Mark, keep your head held high and pity who's listens to such nonsense and pity more the person who started it
Old 26-11-2017, 20:15   #4852
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Let down very badly by A&E today
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 20:32   #4853
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Let down very badly by A&E today
So sorry to hear that dilli.
Old 27-11-2017, 16:54   #4854
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I think I may have been worrying about nothing today my car got picked up and just received a text message saying Good afternoon Mrs xxxxx. Just a quick update to advise we have a bumper and arch moulding ordered for your vehicle and we will in touch with timescales when they arrive. Kind regards Mitchell inglis.

Hopefully we will get the car back for us going away on Sunday as there is no way I could travel any length of time in the hired car that my insurance company has arranged nor do I fancy traveling in hubby's car either.
Old 28-11-2017, 11:47   #4855
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling that you may be a tad optimistic on getting the car back that quickly. I had a wing mirror housing replaced and that took over a week.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 12:58   #4856
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I really hope it's not that long just out of interest arcimedes, were you with Direct Line?
Old 28-11-2017, 13:09   #4857
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I really hope it's not that long just out of interest arcimedes, were you with Direct Line?
No, Frizzell
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 14:27   #4858
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Just had some bad news concerning my brother as it look very likely he will be out of his job pretty soon as a possible rescue deal has just collapsed.
Old 28-11-2017, 14:36   #4859
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Oh den I'm sorry to hear this, there is no good time to hear new's like this, but it seems even worse at this time of year if you know what I mean.
Old 28-11-2017, 18:40   #4860
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just had some bad news concerning my brother as it look very likely he will be out of his job pretty soon as a possible rescue deal has just collapsed.
Sorry to hear that Den. This is not a good time of year to lose your job. Will he get some redundancy pay?