Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 27-10-2017, 14:31   #7546
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT Sport raises prices for Sky and TalkTalk customers.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bt-sport-rai...alk-customers/
Won't be paying that when my contracts up.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2017, 21:08   #7547
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Just in time for the Ashes.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 21:15   #7548
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

If you read one of the other connected articles, you will see sky raised the cost of sky sports (10 channels) to BT tv subscribers.

This is obviously BT getting there own back on sky subscribers.

Does it affect VM subscribers - possibly, but cannot go from nothing to £30pm and not expect a raft of cancellations.

BT, Sky and Virgin seem to have missed the fact that people's disposable income has been reducing over the past few years.

Whilst, sky have lost a number of sports rights (mostly to BT) they have kept increasing the cost of what is left above the cost of inflation.

This blueprint is not sustainable - eventually customers will say enough is enough and cancel!
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 22:36   #7549
Lozenge
Inactive

Lozenge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
If you read one of the other connected articles, you will see sky raised the cost of sky sports (10 channels) to BT tv subscribers.

Does it affect VM subscribers - possibly, but cannot go from nothing to £30pm and not expect a raft of cancellations.

BT, Sky and Virgin seem to have missed the fact that people's disposable income has been reducing over the past few years.

Whilst, sky have lost a number of sports rights (mostly to BT) they have kept increasing the cost of what is left above the cost of inflation.

This blueprint is not sustainable - eventually customers will say enough is enough and cancel!
I think BT viewers wouldn't be too unhappy with the price if thats what they got (bit in bold). But rather hilariously they get just 1 and half channels of Sky Sports (Main Event and Extra a channel just for BT viewers that shows the Premier League games that aren't on Main Event due to other events being shown). I assume this is just enough to keep Ofcom happy.

Ps I don't really have a problem with Sky doing this as I suspect BT would do something similar if they were in Skys position. Remember BT challenged Skys position and then refused to share their channels.

Last edited by Lozenge; 27-10-2017 at 22:41.
Lozenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 02:32   #7550
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Not really a wise move. They are/were potential BT Sport customers. It's now more expensive than Sports and Cinema in HD for a Sky Customer in an minimum term contract.

Quote:
Sky Sports price hasn't gone up in about 18 months for Sky customers. Customers willing to go into minimum term contracts have seen their prices reduced in recent months.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 02:41   #7551
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge View Post
I think BT viewers wouldn't be too unhappy with the price if thats what they got (bit in bold). But rather hilariously they get just 1 and half channels of Sky Sports (Main Event and Extra a channel just for BT viewers that shows the Premier League games that aren't on Main Event due to other events being shown). I assume this is just enough to keep Ofcom happy.

Ps I don't really have a problem with Sky doing this as I suspect BT would do something similar if they were in Skys position. Remember BT challenged Skys position and then refused to share their channels.[
Just remember that BT are playing Sky's own game, in a language Sky understand.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 06:15   #7552
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Just remember that BT are playing Sky's own game, in a language Sky understand.
Which means higher prices OB when some on this forum actually had the Great foresight to predict lower prices.
Old 28-10-2017, 09:53   #7553
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

I've just re-subscribed to Sky Sports, so that I can video some of the overnight NFL games, and I appreciate that I didn't pay the extra £7 for HD, but for £31 a month I expect a good SD picture, but it's shockingly awful!
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 11:35   #7554
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

The current XL/Full House BT deal on VM runs out next summer so won't be any change to that for now I would imagine.
However after it runs out who knows, rumours of it being dropped from XL pack have been popping up a lot recently.

Not sure how this works for those on VM not on XL who just sub to BT separately.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 13:03   #7555
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Which means higher prices OB when some on this forum actually had the Great foresight to predict lower prices.
It's a duopoly at present, Den, not proper competition.
Old 28-10-2017, 13:32   #7556
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
It's a duopoly at present, Den, not proper competition.
But did you not say competition was coming and thus this would signal big changes and cheaper prices for the customer?.
Old 28-10-2017, 14:37   #7557
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I disagree Sky are charging me less than I've paid for a long while for Sky Sports and the promotion I'm on was open to all Sky subs.
Old 28-10-2017, 15:23   #7558
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
But did you not say competition was coming and thus this would signal big changes and cheaper prices for the customer?.
If something is coming, Den, it means it's not here yet.
Old 28-10-2017, 15:37   #7559
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
If something is coming, Den, it means it's not here yet.
2050 does that suit you.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I disagree Sky are charging me less than I've paid for a long while for Sky Sports and the promotion I'm on was open to all Sky subs.
Many will disagree with you MM as voiced on this forum on a regular basis.
Old 28-10-2017, 16:11   #7560
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Those people are entitled to change if they can get it cheaper elsewhere or at very least ring their current provider and see what they can do.