Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:53   #571
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have just had a email this morning from Netflix which says.
I've also had the email , I'll be honest if I'd had to pay the increase myself I'd have probably cancelled whilst £1 isn't a massive amount I find Netflix just acceptable at £5.99 as I mainly only watch the original most of the other stuff I've seen many moons back on pay TV.
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2014, 12:00   #572
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

The only reason I keep Netflix is I use the US version on my pc / ps3. If I was stuck with the UK one I don't think I'd bother.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50   #573
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
most of the other stuff I've seen many moons back on pay TV.

I think you do Netflix an injustice with the "many moons back" statement. Particularly the US, where many of the US current seasons, that will show their season finale this month, will be added within the next few months, based on what happened last year.

Things like Suits, Bitten, season 1 of Vikings, Da Vinci's Demons and season 1 and 2 of XIII: The Series, to name but a few, have also been added to various regions and they are hardly many moons old.

Some shows; Top of The Lake and Orphan Black spring to mind, have even been shown on Netflix before a UK TV broadcast
Old 09-05-2014, 13:04   #574
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
BIB is absolute bullcrap from Sky, a friend of mine signed up to nowtv and within a day his nowtv account was cancelled as he still owed Sky money from when he had Sky and Sky never refunded him the £8.99 he had paid either.
Skys moto should be Sky do not believe in better.
Sorry, I don't quite get that, theone. So this guy owed Sky money but didn't pay it back, but thinks Sky is in the wrong for not refunding his Now Tv money and cancelling the account?

How exactly is Sky in the wrong? Are we missing something here?
Old 09-05-2014, 13:33   #575
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

To be fair, I can't see anything in the NOW TV terms to say that if you owe Sky money, you can't get it, or that any money owed to you by NOW TV will be kept to pay debt to Sky.
Old 09-05-2014, 14:15   #576
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I think you do Netflix an injustice with the "many moons back" statement. Particularly the US, where many of the US current seasons, that will show their season finale this month, will be added within the next few months, based on what happened last year.

Things like Suits, Bitten, season 1 of Vikings, Da Vinci's Demons and season 1 and 2 of XIII: The Series, to name but a few, have also been added to various regions and they are hardly many moons old.

Some shows; Top of The Lake and Orphan Black spring to mind, have even been shown on Netflix before a UK TV broadcast
Also mate the 100 is on Netflix Canada new episodes show up a day after they air on CW, there's Dusk till dawn the series too, that's on all regions i think.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sorry, I don't quite get that, theone. So this guy owed Sky money but didn't pay it back, but thinks Sky is in the wrong for not refunding his Now Tv money and cancelling the account?

They claim nowtv has nothing to do with Skytv subscription services basically unless i misread something, i told my friend to bloodywell just pay them it's only £32 but his stand is Sky declined cashback so he is fighting them now too.
Personally i would of just paid up and said "see ya Sky" lol but my mate is stubborn lol.
I was refering to this from Richards post "It also states that a Sky CS rep stated that Now TV is a seperate entity to Sky"

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
To be fair, I can't see anything in the NOW TV terms to say that if you owe Sky money, you can't get it, or that any money owed to you by NOW TV will be kept to pay debt to Sky.
I think Sky make up their own rules as they go along lol, nasty company in my opinion and i hope karma does bite them hard.
Old 09-05-2014, 14:26   #577
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Being that I live in the UK I was clearly referring to Netflix UK , I used the word most not all.
Old 09-05-2014, 16:39   #578
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Apparently, because the £10 is cheaper than a media streamer, somebody has sideloaded plex and uses the Sky Now TV box as a media streamer, because one can't get a proper media streamer for that price. Does anybody know what this is all about, as it's not something I know anything about.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Quote:

I think it's because the two companies are supposedly seperate entities. I would look into this more deeply if they had done this to me. Either the Sky CS rep is lying (nothing new there then) or the outstanding money has been reclaimed unlawfully.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Quote:
I think Sky make up their own rules as they go along lol, nasty company in my opinion and i hope karma does bite them hard.
Very true. After being with Sky from the beginning, some years ago, following a death in front of me in my home, I couldn't stay there until I had gone some way to getting over it.

I went to stay with a friend in a semi rural area, but, before leaving, I rang to cancel Sky.

Just under a year later I was preparing to try and get my life back on track and was preparing to go home. I rang Sky to have it put back on ready for my return.

Whilst under obvious distress, I was told that it had not been turned off as they had received no request to do so (despite forwarding any outstanding bills to my friends address).

I said that would be fine, as long as I wasn't charged for sending the signal to an empty house. They point blank refused, so I explained the full harrowing story of what had happened (at which point I broke down).

There was no empathy or consideration whatsoever, they robotically asked if I had returned to the house during my time away. When I said that I had been in and out to check my post and for security reasons, they said "surely you stopped to watch the TV for a bit"!!!

When I said that I hadn't and that I just wanted to be in and out of the place as it was freaking me out, they said "well, the service was available for your use and no charges would be refunded"!!!

At this point I said that I no longer wanted anything to do with such a company and to cancel all services immediately. What happened next beggared belief- they said that they wanted a months notice to cancel

This caused me to break down and I contacted my friend and solicitor. He spoke to them and they agreed to waive the months notice, but still refused to honour the refund request.

You see, as it was done on the 'phone, I had no tangible proof that I had ever called. They abused this fact to get about 11 months worth of subscriptions out of me whilst I was at such a low point.

My advice is don't EVER cancel Sky by telephone. ALWAYS do it in writing or by email.

And this is how I came to join the VM family

The truth is that Sky thought that they were being clever by doing this, but it has cost them a lot more money than what they made out of me in the long run.

I have never used them from that point, some of my family and peer group cancelled too, we won't use Sky in our commercial operations (apart from some units where Sky Sports is essential) and I don't allow staff who live on any of our premises to have a satellite dish installed (I know this affects Freesat too, but this is the only legal way that I can prevent them from subscribing to Sky).

Multiply this over the years and you can see that their nasty little trick didn't quite work in their financial favour after all

So, after all that, I wholeheartedly agree with theone2k10 about them being a nasty company who don't deserve to be in business.
Old 09-05-2014, 19:06   #579
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Apparently, because the £10 is cheaper than a media streamer, somebody has sideloaded plex and uses the Sky Now TV box as a media streamer, because one can't get a proper media streamer for that price. Does anybody know what this is all about, as it's not something I know anything about.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

I think it's because the two companies are supposedly seperate entities. I would look into this more deeply if they had done this to me. Either the Sky CS rep is lying (nothing new there then) or the outstanding money has been reclaimed unlawfully.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Very true. After being with Sky from the beginning, some years ago, following a death in front of me in my home, I couldn't stay there until I had gone some way to getting over it.

I went to stay with a friend in a semi rural area, but, before leaving, I rang to cancel Sky.

Just under a year later I was preparing to try and get my life back on track and was preparing to go home. I rang Sky to have it put back on ready for my return.

Whilst under obvious distress, I was told that it had not been turned off as they had received no request to do so (despite forwarding any outstanding bills to my friends address).

I said that would be fine, as long as I wasn't charged for sending the signal to an empty house. They point blank refused, so I explained the full harrowing story of what had happened (at which point I broke down).

There was no empathy or consideration whatsoever, they robotically asked if I had returned to the house during my time away. When I said that I had been in and out to check my post and for security reasons, they said "surely you stopped to watch the TV for a bit"!!!

When I said that I hadn't and that I just wanted to be in and out of the place as it was freaking me out, they said "well, the service was available for your use and no charges would be refunded"!!!

At this point I said that I no longer wanted anything to do with such a company and to cancel all services immediately. What happened next beggared belief- they said that they wanted a months notice to cancel

This caused me to break down and I contacted my friend and solicitor. He spoke to them and they agreed to waive the months notice, but still refused to honour the refund request.

You see, as it was done on the 'phone, I had no tangible proof that I had ever called. They abused this fact to get about 11 months worth of subscriptions out of me whilst I was at such a low point.

My advice is don't EVER cancel Sky by telephone. ALWAYS do it in writing or by email.

And this is how I came to join the VM family

The truth is that Sky thought that they were being clever by doing this, but it has cost them a lot more money than what they made out of me in the long run.

I have never used them from that point, some of my family and peer group cancelled too, we won't use Sky in our commercial operations (apart from some units where Sky Sports is essential) and I don't allow staff who live on any of our premises to have a satellite dish installed (I know this affects Freesat too, but this is the only legal way that I can prevent them from subscribing to Sky).

Multiply this over the years and you can see that their nasty little trick didn't quite work in their financial favour after all

So, after all that, I wholeheartedly agree with theone2k10 about them being a nasty company who don't deserve to be in business.
I've got my own fight going on with Sky too some may remember they got me to sign up offering 12 months half price and £180 cashback, none were honored so i'm fighting them, i'm in contact with ofcom who are extremly interested in this case (makes me think i'm not the first Sky did this too) and are looking into it, even trading standards told Sky they must honor any incentives offered even if cashback is offered via Quidco or topcashback it is Skys responsibility to honor it, Sky ofcourse are playing dumb, typical lol.

Anyway back on topic lol Animemax is now in the uk you can access it via the ps3 app, not sure about other consoles.
Old 09-05-2014, 19:23   #580
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

What region is bitten on bud ???
Old 09-05-2014, 19:37   #581
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
What region is bitten on bud ???
Just added to US.

I actually watched it as it aired on HBO Nordic.
Old 09-05-2014, 19:56   #582
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Nice 1 cheers bud
Old 09-05-2014, 23:40   #583
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
They claim nowtv has nothing to do with Skytv subscription services basically unless i misread something, i told my friend to bloodywell just pay them it's only £32 but his stand is Sky declined cashback so he is fighting them now too.
Personally i would of just paid up and said "see ya Sky" lol but my mate is stubborn lol.
I was refering to this from Richards post "It also states that a Sky CS rep stated that Now TV is a seperate entity to Sky"
OK, theone, I'm not judging because I don't know the facts, but I was just concerned about the limited information you posted.

I too have concerns with the way Sky operates, but just couldn't make out how they were in the wrong on the basis of the information you provided.

Didn't mean to offend, you understand.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:59   #584
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
OK, theone, I'm not judging because I don't know the facts, but I was just concerned about the limited information you posted.

I too have concerns with the way Sky operates, but just couldn't make out how they were in the wrong on the basis of the information you provided.

Didn't mean to offend, you understand.
No offence was taken mate you was quite right to ask me to clearify what i meant, i should of been more clearer in the first place
Old 10-05-2014, 16:32   #585
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I've got my own fight going on with Sky too some may remember they got me to sign up offering 12 months half price and £180 cashback, none were honored so i'm fighting them, i'm in contact with ofcom who are extremly interested in this case (makes me think i'm not the first Sky did this too) and are looking into it, even trading standards told Sky they must honor any incentives offered even if cashback is offered via Quidco or topcashback it is Skys responsibility to honor it, Sky ofcourse are playing dumb, typical lol.

Anyway back on topic lol Animemax is now in the uk you can access it via the ps3 app, not sure about other consoles.
I hope you manage to get something done about it. Another trick that they use is to tell you that you must write in with your complaint to their "correspondence department" They know full well that most people won't and those that do are ignored as no reply is received.

I would be so happy if they went bust and someone decent picked up the business for a song, minus the debts they ran up building up the business.

They initially lost money, then coined it in for years and now, hopefully, new technology will supercede them and make their business model obsolete, forcing a collapse.

This would allow a newcomer to take over and reap the rewards.
Closed Thread