Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice as upgrade due soon :)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile phone Status

Old 04-03-2010, 14:25   #1
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Virgin Mobile phone Status

Does anyone know where I can find out the status of the network.

I am trying to find out if it's a problem with my phone or the network where I am (Potton - Bedfordshire).

Cheers - dilli
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2010, 15:00   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Mobile phone Status

I just checked the Virgin Mobile website and it says the coverage is very good with a map HERE just put your postcode in and click check coverage.

I can find nothing about service status as yet.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 15:05   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
I just checked the Virgin Mobile website and it says the coverage is very good with a map HERE just put your postcode in and click check coverage.

I can find nothing about service status as yet.
I'm sorry - it was probably me not explaining properly

It WAS working just fine and has been but a few hours ago it just went off.

My phone still 'sees' o2, vodafone and orange when I scan for other networks. But no joy for virgin.

Dilli.
Old 04-03-2010, 15:08   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
I'm sorry - it was probably me not explaining properly

It WAS working just fine and has been but a few hours ago it just went off.

My phone still 'sees' o2, vodafone and orange when I scan for other networks. But no joy for virgin.

Dilli.
That does sound like a local issue if you cannot see Virgin transmitting, you did not mention T-Mobile in your list as that is the backbone of Virgin network and if that is also not there the probably will be an issue.

Here is the landline number 0845 6000 789
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 15:12   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
That does sound like a local issue if you cannot see Virgin transmitting, you did not mention T-Mobile in your list as that is the backbone of Virgin network and if that is also not there the probably will be an issue.

Here is the landline number 0845 6000 789
Cheers for that
Old 15-04-2010, 01:12   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Once again I've had no signal since early last night. I'm wondering how often this has to happen before i can leave my contract no point in staying if I can't get a service.

Edit - it just came back on at 3am but now my iPhone can't determine it's position (which tries agps first) I wonder if the two are related?