View Single Post
Old 30-04-2005, 22:54   #1
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Wireless Equipment Help

Right I currently have a wireless network setup at my house using a Belkin Wirless ADSL Modem Router. Now I am expanding my network to my friends house accross the road and we have tried it all and works but we need an access point, (yes I know my router has it but isnt strong enough). So my plan was to get an access point and put it up near the window and then go to his house. BUT I need some sort of device that is wireless put will plug into a network card to make things simple for all of us. I was told if I plugged the wiressless access point into his ethernet port he should be able to connect to me wirelessly but not sure on this one.

I was looking at getting a DLink access point from eBuyer and using that but I have now heard that if you get two and set it up so just the two communicate then it will all work so if I have one at my end connected to the router and one as his end would it work?

The prodcut in question is from eBuyer, quick find code: 42576. Can someone let me know as I want to order it this week so I can get it installed soon.

Thanks.