View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 15:56   #10
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Why so few Live TV options ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
TBF never had a issue with mine but that is most likely because i bought a legit Android box that only had android on when it arrived none of this rubbish these sellers put on, for my live tv i installed tvplayer and filmon however filmon is dead to me now as they want £14.95pm which is silly for what it is.
However for my tv shows i use a service called real debrid it costs about £3pm and i have never had any tv show, movie buffer.
Also as i installed the addons myself i know exactly what is on my box despite what scaremongers will claim, live sports not a problem but then again i use kinda legit addons anyway such as nbcsport and foxsport which are both in kodis own repo, kodi have openly stated they want to work with networks to bring more services onto the kodi platform.
I do agree however with what has been said never buy a fully loaded box you can pick up a T95 without any rubbish on it for around £40 these days.
Most of what you say is the point I was trying to make, if you control what you put on the device you're far less likely to fall foul or the shysters and criminals trying to profit from Kodi.
I would reiterate my point about not installing 3rd party builds, wizards and repo's though, I've seen all sorts of shenanigans go on from these over the past 4 or so years, even from places and people I'd thought relatively trustworthy.
I'm amazed a major virus or malware hasn't been released through 3rd party addons/repo's yet but think its only a matter of time until one is.

I think I probably use many of the same legit addons you do but I find myself using them less these days, hooking my ATV 4 into my VPN or using Windows apps is proving a lot more reliable than the Kodi addons which do break from time to time and these methods offer more content than is available via Kodi, which brings us back to the main point of this thread,
its a shame services like the US get aren't by and large available here.

(I'll gloss over the RD comment, I think we may be getting into the realms of breaking forum rules talking much further about it, but that is a service I recommend to the few friends and family I offer "support" to who insist on relying on Kodi)
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote