View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 16:36   #268
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Having let the garage change my car's back box this week (in my defence the difference between doing it myself and getting them to do it was £15), my DIY fixit mojo was waning, untill I finally got around to working out why my driver's side washer jet wasn't working.

It had been knackered for quite a while. It sort of worked, but lacked any pressure. The passenger side one was working fine. In the end I decided to try swapping the feed pipes over, to see if it was a duff T-piece/anti drain valve or a duff jet.

Of course, having done this the passenger side jet was still fine, while the driver's was even worse.

In the end I traced the problem to the little 90 degree connector at the base of the driver's side jet. It had split, but in such a way that it still looked and fitted on fine. I stretched the feed pipe a tad and it fitted, so hopefully that should sort it long-term
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote