View Single Post
Old 21-01-2015, 22:39   #264
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What have you fixed lately?

My Sister and Brother in Law's kitchen socket.

Basically, the socket plate was loose, so my brother in law tried to nip up the screw, only for it to shear off.

Taking the socket plate off, it seems whoever had done the job last had used the longest possible screw to hold the socket plate to the cavity back box behind it, and the screw sheared because it basically "bottomed out" against the back of the box. Cue the two of us trying to remove the reminants of the old screw.

Of course it won't budge...

In desperation, I checked my car to see if I had anything that would shift it, and luckily I'd brought the one indispensable tool for this kind of job, my 6" Irwin Vise Grip "wire" (actually just about everything) cutters. Had the darned thing out in 5 mins with those!
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote