View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 18:12   #6115
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

I think virgin media's T&C's Changed when they rebranded to virgin media (must have already had talks with phorm prior to the 2006 illegal bt trials and ammended there T&C's so they could run trial's and think they were covered going on phorm's word it was ok).

I think i was part of such a illegal trial and it caused damage to my computer (Time to write directly to them by hand as e-mail isnt getting replied).

If when Dr Richard Clayton examined the phorm system this year 2008 does anyone think that this was the same dodgy equipment that was used in 2006 and 2007 illegal trials my very good guess is no it wasnt so who knows what damage phorms kit (hardware and software) did at that time.

These early stages of kit as in any developing hardware\software and distribution would have had more holes and glitches than the system of 2008 especially when it is alpha/beta prerelease peice of hardware and or software this isnt scaremongering this is known for any product or service (Did they do the old here have a rootkit trick before deciding to use cookies ) especially when it is due to affect a national network.

Given all the isp's known to be associated with phorm having the cog's and wheels in place already i.e change in t&c's, webwise faq e.t.c. for a while they must have hoped that the model XIIIIIIIII would have passed without much fuss and would more or less be active now, but knowledgable people threw a spanner in there works and with there model in tatters are beavering away still trying to make it half legal but will still fail imo.

Previous Alpha or Beta models deployed in such a way during illegal trials to help development/assesment could have had unknown effects on peoples machines causing infinte loops (processor usage running abnormally high and a real general slowdown in computing tasks) very very slow or total failure of redirects as the routing that takes place fails or gets jammed with data flow as a couple of examples.

Phorm and the Isp's themselves are as transparent as mud and as open as a black hole theres a huge void there they could fill and back up with solid facts but they dont and wont do in the future imo and untill then i wont belive a thing phorm/webwise and or any isp tell me, the charles stanley document confirmed in my eyes the fears i had about isp's involvment.

As sure as phorm change kit to the next deployment model once it is deployed it does nothing in the confidence of myself to trust these guys in anyway now or in the future.

Is there anyway i myself can request to get information about any trials that took place on an isp involving the public from anywhere that is recorded?