View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 15:42   #211
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Perhaps you've been lucky with your V6s.... you can't refute one anecdotal piece of evidence with another but I had 4 legacy boxes with only one that needed restarted (i.e. crashed) the other 3 just ran non-top.

The new boxes seems to be repeating similar early issues as the legacy box did (wonder when they digital out will start playing up) but aside from any issues can we really say a fully operational V6 is far superior to a fully working legacy box?

Apart from the performance issues which should't be there in the first place and perhaps its smaller form factor the V6 is pretty much the same box. The V6 is a better experience yes but simply because I'm not questioning myself as to whether I've actually pressed a button on the remote, I'd not go overboard with the hyperbole because of this, mainly because the V6 level of performance should be the baseline for the legacy box.

With regard to the black screen issue i'm pretty sure what I experience is similar to that of a know issue and I have adjusted the power saving settings and have introduced a delay in switching on the V6 to make sure all the required devices in the signal flow are on before the V6 is turned on to discount any HDMI handshake issues but still get it every so often and every so often it gets stuck in "Waking Up" if it has been turned off. I'll learn to live with it as the start up following a poweroff and on isn't too long

With regard to the noise it's not an amplification of a vibration by the unit it is on. It's the actually disk spinning that;s producing the nouse short of opening up the box and adding some noise suppression I'm kind of stuck with it. Be a pretty good tool for producing a form of pink noise for setting up an EQ though.
Yes, it is far superior in my view. The fact that I can have two boxes in different rooms, connected by wifi only, and able to play recordings on the other box, is fantastic. It is lightning fast and loads all the apps extremely quickly, with no buffering. The picture is superb and with twelve tuners (6 on each), recording clashes are a thing of the past.

I think we would have seen far more complaints if the V6 was not all it's cracked up to be and riddled with bugs. However, the fact is that the number of bugs is comparatively few and no big deal really, whereas some of us were ready to throw the old Tivos out of the window.

Sorry to hear yours is noisy; if it's bad enough to be disruptive, perhaps they will change it. As I said earlier, we can't hear ours, and one of them is in the bedroom, so if it made a noise it would be noticeable in the quiet of the night.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote