View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 18:12   #68
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well the film industry have only got themselves to blame.Even Brad Pitt says the days of ridiculous earnings are past..and I too have increasing costs..as have all consumers of the film industry..If they want my money they are going to have to do better.If you are happy with the state of the industry then that's fine for you..But I suspect I'm not on my own in my opinions.
Ok,what Brad Pitt is saying is that the earnings aren't as front-loaded as they used to be. I think that's a good model though. The earning potentials are still vast and I'd suggest they are higher than they once were if you're willing to take very little upfront and have a higher share in the back-end....

Nothing wrong with the risk being shared more equally,I think it's a more sustainable business model than the Star taking $20 million up-front and when the film bombs the blame falls solely on them.

Takes weight off their shoulders,too.

Anyway,if you feel that there aren't any good films out there than that's fine. May I ask how many films you've actually seen in the last few years? Korean Cinema? Scandinavian Cinema? French? Indonesian? Great films from all sorts of countries.

I'm sure you're not alone in your opinion,Maggie,but neither am I or anyone who believes cinema is still great.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
snip
Great post and 100% agreed!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote