View Single Post
Old 27-04-2017, 13:52   #4066
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

All good now Osem just waiting for things to be approved for my Mum to get a ramp. The social work department have now done a site visit and been given quotes from companies they use. I was informed today that they do not see an issue giving my Mum's health, then hopefully it should not be too long for my Mum's wheel chair ramp to be fitted then we will be able to purchase a Electric Wheelchair for her at the moment a electric wheelchair is just not a option due to the weight of it and access.

In the time being we a looking at other options to make things easier for my Dad to push the chair up the driveway and a power pack for her current wheel chair seems a good option I found this on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wheelchair-.../dp/B00IXHU6CE and I'm sure hubby will be able to fit this no problem plus it's a lot cheaper than the £700-£800 we were being quoted for it at our local mobility aids shop.

I'm just grateful that we have a department within the council that can supply wheel chair ramps as my parents driveway is very steep so we would need a zig zag ramp and the prices we were getting quoted was well out our budget.

I would welcome any feedback on this power pack maybe a member knows someone who uses something similar or has experience of using one themselves. What I am looking for is something that can be put on and took off with little effort as the wheel chair still needs to be light enough to get down two steps as it is my Dad who is 80 years old who pushes the chair.