View Single Post
Old 13-03-2017, 08:58   #12
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: V6 independent review to take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
1 and 2) previous replies to this problem suggested it was a hdmi problem??

3) Used to have 2 2Tb skyHD boxes so have only got half the space - surely virgin must be considering a box with at least 2Tb disk in it?

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Your green screen suggestion is a possible (connected to a Sony HD tv) - had green screens on and off since day1

As for connection problem - re-booted both a number of times, did actually get this working once but never since.

I had an engineer out after a couple of days (also had no phone line) - despite having reported the to problems he said he was only there to do the phone, had no knowledge of my to problems, wasn't even prepared to look at them - said he had already exceeded the 20 mins allowed to resolve my problem(s).
I do wonder if VM have decided that a 1TB box is sufficient now that you can stream the programmes you want to see later from on demand services. They may also be contemplating access to the cloud to retrieve material later and this might well be the method they want us to use for UHD recordings when they are available on schedule based channels.

I have a Sony 4K TV but have not seen any green screen issues, but maybe the later Sonys don't have this problem. It seems to me that technology is moving ahead so fast that when you change once piece of equipment, sometimes this causes a compatibility problem for your older equipment.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote