View Single Post
Old 30-08-2011, 23:16   #14
gherkin
Inactive

gherkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 'Not financially viable'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
You are lucky that the installer chose to do this. Technically an easement (legal right usually attached to the legal title of the neighbouring property) is needed for you to get a service that passes through the private landholding of another. If you neighbour wishes to sell their property, or simply wants to do something to tidy up the "multituide of wires", they can require the cables to your property to be removed, and indeed if they become aware of the potential problems to their property's title may well require it anyway.
Yes, it is a worry that they could chop off the wire with no ramifications (other than my ire!). The installer himself suggested that it be done this way, and we didn't think of it at all until he mentioned it.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
ok that looks good but your levels need to be lower. I'm annoyed a tech has left you with high levels, its a new bloody install!! It can be unstable mate. You need an attenuator.

Get on the blower tomorrow during the day and speak to someone via 150, you have got a VM home phone with your package right? They will probably send out another tech.. tell him about the levels, he should put an attenuator before the cable goes into your superhub. He can also put in a splitter for future use if you decide to use other VM services. The splitter would lower the level alone, I'm surprised he has neither put a splitter or an attenuator.
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow (I do have the phone package as well). I'm not sure they'll do anything though as it isn't playing up.

Potentially silly question: is there anything 'dangerous' about having the power levels too high? Should I be unplugging the Superhub when I leave the house? The last thing I want to do is burn down my neighbour's house after they've been so accommodating.
gherkin is offline   Reply With Quote