View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 17:23   #17
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Scumbag 'human rights lawyer' to be struck off

Good news but I wonder if the Shadow Attorney General might wish to reflect on her copious words of praise for Mr Shiner and his associates.

Quote:
In 2007 Shami and Shiner worked together on cases of Iraqi abuse allegations, telling the media that abuse by British troops was not a case of a “few bad apples” but “systemic”.

In 2008 Shami lavished praise on Shiner:

“His relentless work on behalf of the families of British soldiers and Iraqi civilians demonstrates the even-handedness of human rights.”

In 2011, at the conclusion of the Baha Mousa inquiry, Shami said that Shiner and his team of lawyers had

“brought honour to their profession”
Shami’s support for Shiner continued well after the allegations against him came to light. In 2015 Shami suggested Shiner was the victim of a witch hunt by the government:

“I know the dangers of governments threatening human rights lawyers for their work. It happens in dark parts of the world and is not good for the rule of law.”
https://order-order.com/2017/02/06/h...ported-shiner/

Somehow I doubt it...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote