Thread: Illegal Cabling
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 18:14   #3
MalcolmBines
Inactive

MalcolmBines is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Illegal Cabling

Thanks for the response. Definitely no problem with identifying our property, they dug up part of our driveway. I have spoken to our neighbour and he is fully supportive. All our correspondence has been sent recorded delivery and following their last abortibe attempt to hide the cable I have written to them amd told them that they must get our written permission before undertaking any work on our premises. There has been some movement in that I wrote to the ISPA UK (Internet Service Providers Association) with a brief outline of the situation, which on checking breach several ISPA protocols. Apparently they have a fast track into VM and I quickly received a letter from the CEO's office trying to sort out the problem. This might be a useful way forward for anyone having any serious problems with VM. The ISPA website can be found at ispa.org.uk, they will mediate if there are any problems with their members. Engineers are due to visit our premises next Thursday to re-route the cable (if it is possible) but I have yet to receive a promised e-mail to confirm, due to their performance to date I am not holding my breath, when I have further news I will post an update.
MalcolmBines is offline   Reply With Quote