View Single Post
Old 25-02-2012, 23:58   #1
H0ND0
Inactive

Services: 100meg cable Phone Restir Free TV
H0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enough
Keyboard / installation issue

Hi Folks I’ve got a kind of puzzling problem that I can’t figure out & would be grateful of some help please.

I’m currently running XP & want to do a new installation; this is exactly what I did, as I’ve done many many many occasions before.

1 After inserting the Win CD I Booted the PC hit the Del key to get into BIOS in there I changed Boot from HD priority to Boot from CD first & HD second, I hit F10 to save the changes, the PC ran through BIOS following this it asked me if I wanted to Boot from CD or HD hit any key to Boot from CD I hit the space bar, please keep in mind from 1 above the keyboard is / was working fine.

Windows continues with the initial set-up after which it asks me to make a selection of options using the keyboard but for some odd reason this isn’t now working.

In an attempt to overcome this I’ve swapped from one USB port to another about 10 of them, no changes there, I’ve even swapped to an hardwired keyboard with still no change, plug in out more often than a Bulgarian fiddlers elbow goes up & down, still no change.

I know for a fact that both keyboards work in BIOS & also once windows is booted up, but neither will work during windows setup, I’m afraid I’m now at a complete loss to know what this problem could be.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks hondo
H0ND0 is offline   Reply With Quote