View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 00:58   #5
thedavid2007
Inactive

thedavid2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Extending cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDWAY View Post
Can anyone advise on best quality cable to use in this situation?

I've just moved a V+Hd box ino another room by adding 5m on to the existing 2m cable with a joiner(not touching any of the VM installation) and although it worked fine for a week its now playing up.

online light keeps flashing/no access to VoD or catch up and occasional
pixellation.Took it downstairs and swapped with the Tivo to check the box and it was perfect.

Of course my fault for buying cheap made up cable from B&Q it didn't look great.

But VM are over the top with the charges, its just a cable round the spare room and through a hole in the wall, used those smart face plates with the brushes like a letter box draught excluder for a neat finish.
If you start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses, then you might get some answers.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenty View Post
Thanks Chris.
I have plugged the original cable back in and had it working gain so will prob go with that. Contract is nearly up so could try and tell them I'll and go with Sky unless they extend the cable for free. You never know.
£99 for fixing the cable, stuff that. The cable you need for an extension will have an f-plug on each end and you'll need an f-coupler to join it to the original cable. It's not hard to find digital tv cable these days. You can get all you need online for a few pounds.
thedavid2007 is offline   Reply With Quote