View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 11:41   #56
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: New build with Virgin Media branded ethernet sockets - what to expect?

Hi Mike

Are you referring to the phone or the coax euro module? We only supply coax euro modules and I can make sure this gets changed over for you if it hasn't been already. We cant terminate a master phone point in a media plate unfortunately and neither can Openreach. Media plates should only be used as extension sockets but this isn't always the case.

If our master phone point has been terminated by the developer in the media plate then there really isn't a way to resolve this currently without taking out the media plate and rewiring everything, this really wouldn't be an option.

The best thing I can suggest for now is hang tight until digital voice launches in your area and then migrate over to that, it will negate the need for a copper master socket as your Hub3 (or new version) will be your new phone socket and the wiring can be removed.

Drop me a line if you need any assistance.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote