View Single Post
Old 17-12-2008, 18:54   #152
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media to dump neutrality and target BitTorrent users

Broadbandings - "Serving a group of customers with 200Mbit downstream and 8.8Mbit or best case 27Mbit upstream doesn't make for a nice ratio if it only takes 3 / 8 customers uploading full whack, seeding a torrent for example, to degrade service for everyone else, 10, 20 and 50Mbit alike"

This is what really bugs me. They have supposedly been upgrading their network yet if they can't even make sure more than 5 customers gets the actual 50*1.75 what is the point of even offering it? They would be better off not wasting everyones time and just leave us with 20mbit till they are actually in position to deliver what they are advertising. I am not saying that i expect full speed 100% of the time but i would say at least 70% of the time and if they know the network is going to be congested during certain times of the time and week they need to act accordingly and plan their upgrades around making sure that the numbers of customers can receive X amount of bandwidth during those peak times. They had might as well advertise 200mbit*27mbit because "in theory" i can receive that if i was the only person using it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote