View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 20:51   #28
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin set to increase price April 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
This whole discussion brings up the true value of what we're paying for on a monthly basis. My contract is not up until august and from a personal point of view I probably will not be continuing with the TV side of things or landline phone.
I have recently been using a mixture of Amazon prime, now TV and netflix, and for my family this seems to be enough. I find it has lots of choice and gives me great flexibility. I paid £79 back in July for a year of prime and I feel it is great value for money. We have taken full advantage of the next day delivery, and it's worked well for them as a lot of our purchases are now through Amazon.
I find virgin TV too limited now, the V6 is good but I never take advantage of the 6 tuners, and the on demand especially the catch up is very poor. The channels on offer, some are good but too littered with adverts. I know I could record, but somehow maybe I've become too lazy! And prefer the instant on and no adverts of the steaming sites.
I cut the cord 2 years ago and have never looked back, although i did take SKY up on a offer but was only for basic tv more as a backup if my net goes down.
I myself use playstation store for renting/buying movies, netflix for tv and a American service via a vpn which i pay a friend around £7p/m for gives me hbo, nbcsports, foxsports and tonnes more.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote