View Single Post
Old 29-10-2012, 15:27   #205
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well lets see MM what the future brings before we come to any quick conclusions.
I don’t think he is drawing a quick conclusion. He’s probably based his opinion on 4 months worth of press reports and press releases from BT, ever since they secured EPL rights.

Everything I’ve seen so far suggests BT will be using the channel to attract new customers. BT has also confirmed people will not have to enter into an expensive TV contract to get access to the channel i.e. an 18 months contract to Virgins XL package.

On a separate issue I was reading an article over the weekend that suggested BT share holders are incredibly worried about “reckless spending” to secure TV rights. It’s understood BT went into the EPL bidding to secure all or nothing. The intent of BT was to grab all of the packages SKY were bidding for. What they’ve ended up with is the middle ground that shareholders are claiming was never BT’s intention. BT is perceived to be making the most of an awkward situation. This matter is high on the agenda for BT’s AGM later this week.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote