Old 05-05-2010, 14:06   #50
coolstrutter
Inactive

coolstrutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave421 View Post
Hi All

I bought a Ross Hd satellite receiver kit today from B&Q and have to say im very impressed for the cost. I paid £79.99 for the kit an £14.99 for a satellite finder, after installing it i updated the software on the receiver (see the Ross website). I then set up the dish using the finder an on the second go i found the right satellite (i don't think you could do this without a sat finder). It all worked perfect i have loads of channels & HD channels including most of the freeview ones (no Dave). I plugged in a potable usb hard drive (the ones without a power adapter) and im able to recored no problem. The picture quality is excellent in HD and even on the standard channels its very good (im viewing on a 43inch plasma HD tv) . So if you are thinking of buying one i would highly recommend it……….
After you had updated the software what benefit did you receive from this ? Also Dave which USB hard drive would you recommend for recording purposes as we have just installed the same system as yourself on Bank Holiday Monday just gone.
coolstrutter is offline   Reply With Quote