View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 13:23   #1
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Christmas Day 2017

Christmas day is going to be strange one this year for me, in more ways than I could have ever have imagined.

Why the change well my boys really would prefer a takeaway so this year we have decided to get a carry out and hubby and the boy's have opted for a Indian dish, now if someone had told me that on Christmas Day 2017 that I would be doing this I would have laughed my head off as I'm usually one for tradition, but guess what I really don't care as long as my kids are happy.

I am now off the opinion that it is not what your eating or what is expected, what matters is who is around your table and that is the reason I'm doing what my kids, hubby and future daughter in law wants.

So we will get up open our presents or in my kids case money wallets as this is what they want and who am I to argue, then I will go over to my Dad's (myself) and check that he is okay and offer once again that he is most welcome to join us, as my Dad has changed his mind and just wants to be left alone.

I have now made it crystal clear that he has an open invitation and that I'm only a call away if he changes his mind as he has asked me to stop asking him over. He does not need to make this request to my sister as she has decided to keep up her tradition and go away to Norway for the festive period with her hubby & their friends.

Then after I have checked on my Dad I will go and visit my Mum's grave and lay a wreath for my Mum, I will offer my Dad to come with me but I really do not know what answer he will give tbh.

I shall be looking forward Boxing day in where my Dad has accepted the invite of spending this day with us in where we will all have a selection of cheese & crackers and plenty of wine, although I will not be having any wine until I take my Dad back home then me and my son's fiancée will have a bottle or two

So like I say this Christmas will be very different for myself and so what if were not eating Turkey with all the trimmings, silver-side roast etc. What I now know it's who were lucky enough to spend Christmas day with and I know with my hubby, our two boys and our lovely and much loved future daughter in law around our table, I truly have a wonderful family and that is what truly matters on Christmas day MY FAMILY

A few things will remain the same in my household, as we will still be doing the Christmas crackers and the lame jokes, the usual starters of prawn cocktail, soup and for dessert Christmas pudding, trifle etc, then we will play the usual board games and no doubt the boys will end up accusing each other of cheating but guess what that's our Christmas

I wish everyone on the Cable Forum a Wonderful Christmas and hope 2018 is kind to each and everyone of you.

Last edited by weenie; 15-12-2017 at 13:28.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote